Chapter 58: Bring it on

All hell breaks loose part two 2

"Bobby, is this really necessary?" Ellen asks, holding up the shot glass of Holy water.

"Just a belt of holy water. Shouldn't hurt."

Ellen downs the holy water. "Whiskey now, if you don't mind."

"Ellen, what happened? How'd you get out?" Dean questions.

"I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else. But we ran out if pretzels, of all things. Was just dumb luck." Ellen takes the shot glass full of whiskey from Bobby. "Anyway, that's when Ash called, panic in his voice. He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky high. Everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes."

"Sorry, Ellen." Sam says.

"Lot of good people died in there. And I got to live. Lucky me."

"Well, moral of the story, don't go buy pretzels. Or do. Depends on if you wanna burn to death or--" Alexis starts, at first she was trying to joke but she got carried away.

"Sweetheart, rambling again."

"Oh, yeah."

"Ellen, you mentioned a safe." Bobby presses.

"A hidden safe we keep in the basement."

"Demons get what was in it?"

"No." Ellen pulls a map out of her coat, sliding it to Dean.

"Wyoming?" Dean asks. "What does that mean?"

"What, the five x's? Its a gate to hell, duh." Alexis shrugs. "I don't know how I know that."

~~~

"I don't believe it." Bobby says as he walks into the living room with a book in his hands. The five hunters had been reading every book Bobby had to prove that Alexis was correct. Or incorrect. Even though she knew she was right.

"What, you got something?" Sam asks.

"A lot more than that." Bobby set the book down on the table. "Each of these x's is an abandoned frontier church, all mid 19th century. And all of 'em built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt? The demon killing, gun making Samuel Colt?" Dean asks.

"Yep." Alexis nods, handing him a beer and, forgetting herself monetarily, sitting down in his lap.

"And there's more. He built private rail lines connecting church to church. That just so happens to lay out like this." Bobby takes a marker, connecting each x to create a star.

"Tell me its not what I think it is." Dean says.

"Its a Devils Trap." Sam states. "A hundred square mile Devils Trap."

"That's brilliant. Iron lines, demons can't cross."

"I've never heard of anything that massive." Ellen mutters.