Chapter 47: Shut up

Heart 2

"You okay?" Sam asks through the phone speaker.

"No." Alexis calls out loud enough for him to hear.

"Now that I'm conscious. There werewolf knocked me out. Sam, its Madison." Dean explains.

"What?"

"Yeah, awesome job of keeping an eye on her."

"I've been here the whole time. She's in bed, asleep."

"Well, she wasn't an hour ago."

"Dean, I'm so sorry for saying you needed to be fired. It's Sam who need to be fired." Alexis pats him on the back.

"Thanks." Dean mutters. "Check her right arm below her elbow. I nicked her with a silver knife." Dean hangs up.

"Well, this sucked." Alexis sighs.

"Yeah, it did."

~~~

"How you doing?" Dean asks Madison as he and Alexis walk in the door. Madison was currently tied to a chair, courtesy of Sam. "My head feels great, thanks."

"We gotta talk." Sam whispers. Dean and Alexis follow Sam to the door, far enough away so Madison wouldn't hear them. "She says she has no idea what I'm talking about."

"She's lying." Dean shrugs.

"Maybe she doesn't know she's changing. Maybe the creature takes over, she blacks out."

"That's possible?" Alexis asks. "All the werewolves I've met have been pretty aware."

"So like a really hot incredible hulk? She ganked her boss and ex boyfriend." Dean says. "That doesn't sound rash and unconscious."

Alexis sighs. "I'm gonna jump out of a window."

"But what if it was?" Sam asks. "What if the animal part of her brain saw those guys as threats? The cop too?"

"Are you the dog whisperer now?"

"Apparently so." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Look, man. I just--I don't know. There was something in her eyes."

Dean and Alexis glance at each other.

"Yeah, she's killing people." Dean argues.

"But if she has no control--"

"Exactly, she can't control it."

"If she could then maybe this would be a different story, but she can't." Alexis adds.

"Lexi's right. If she is telling the truth, it won't change anything."

"I'm not putting a bullet through a girls chest who has no idea." Sam states.

"She's a monster and you're feeling sorry?" Dean asks.

"Maybe I understand her. Look. There might be another way we can get the job done with having to waste her."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Dean asks.

"Dads theory. 'Lycanthropy might have a cure if you kill the werewolf that bit you, severing the bloodline'" Sam reads.

"Oh, that's bullshit." Alexis shakes her head. "My family tested it out. Didn't end well. Or maybe that was something to do with vamps. I don't remember."

"'Might have a cure'." Dean says. "Meaning who knows?"

"Its worth a shot." Sam argues.

We don't know where to start looking. The puppy who butcher could be anyone, anywhere. Could've been years ago."