Chapter 55: The sky

What is and what never should be 1

Dean and Alexis were in the impala when the phone started to ring.

"Yeah?" Dean answers.

"There's a cop car outside." Sam tells them.

"You think its for us?"

"Most likely." Alexis sighs.

"I don't know."

"I don't see how. We ditched the plates, the credit cards." Dean argues.

"Their leaving. False alarm."

"See, nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, being fugitives is a frigging dance party."

"Hey, man, chicks dig the danger vibe."

Alexis scoffs, smacking Deans side. He gives her a look.

"You got anything?" Sam asks.

"Are you kidding me! How could I? You got me sifting through, like, 50 square miles if interstate here."

"That's where the victims disappeared."

"I got diddlysquat. What about you?"

"Just one thing. I'm pretty sure of it now. We're hunting a Djinn."

"A friggin genie? You think these suckers can grant wishes?"

"No, Dean, they can't." Alexis sighs.

"I don't know. I guess, if they're powerful enough. But not exactly like Barbara Eden in harem pants. Djinn have been feeding off of people for centuries. They're all over the Koran." Sam explains.

"My god. Barbara Eden was hot, wasn't she? Way hotter than that Bewitched chick."

Alexis hits him in the side again, harder this time causing him to groan a little.

"Are you even listening to me?" Sam asks.

Dean clears his throat. "Yeah. So where do the Djins lair up?"

"Ruins, usually. The bigger, the better. More places to hide."

"You know, I think I saw a place a few miles back. I'm gonna go check it out."

"Wait, no, no, no. Come pick me up first."

"Nah, I'm sure its nothing. I'm just gonna take a look around. And, hey, I got my trusty sidekick, Lexi. We'll be fine."

Alexis scoffs. "As if I'd be the sidekick."

~~~

Dean opens the door to the abandoned house, shining the flashlight around before continuing in.

Dean and Alexis walk around for a while before Alexis grabs his arm. "Hey, I'm gonna go that way. If we spilt up, we'll cover more ground."

Dean nods. "Alright, be careful."

Alexis smiles. "Yeah. I always am." She leans up, pressing a light kiss to his lips. "Don't die on me, Winchester."

"I don't plan on it."