Wedding Series (I)

Proposing (and engagement rings)

Carlos Sainz Jr

Who: him, of course. I don't think he'd ever allow the woman to do it. Honestly, I don't know why, but I get a lot of low-key misogynistic/toxic masculinity vibes from him (and let me tell you as honestly that I'd totally let him have it. "Sit back down" "I'm sat" kind of dynamic).

How: He has the whole Palacio de Cristal (part of Parque del Retiro, Madrid) closed off to the public so it can be just the two of you. It's mid-spring, flowers are blooming, the leaves on the trees around are as green as they can ever be, and the last rays of the setting sun are shining on the surface of the water fountain in front of the Palace. He planned everything to perfection, but you set him off anyway by being in the worst mood ever. You're so mad about something that happened at work that you don't even want to hear a peep out of him, which - you must understand - makes the whole proposing thing a bit harder. So, he silently walks up behind you while you're watching the nature outside the crystal walls and takes the ring box out of his jacket pocket. When he opens it and the sunshine meets the gemstone he chose for you, the light brings your attention to his reflection in the glass. You turn around and he asks your permission to speak. 

"Nod if you'll allow me to give you everything I have to make you happy, and not just on days like this."

Before nodding (which is obviously what you're going to do in the end), you flash him a cunning smirk. "If I marry you, can we live here?"

He smiles. "I'll see what I can do."

Ring(s):

Charles Leclerc

Charles Leclerc

Who: him.

How: He thinks he can play it cool. He's got, like, this mastermind plan to make you accidentally find the ring and casually ask you, but he's also a sweet, sweet goofball when it comes to you. So, in the end, he caves and decides to do it on his yacht one night on a summer break. It's only the two of you, slowly following the small waves as you're making your way back to port Hercule under the warm yellow of the city lights. You've been out at sea all day, so you're tired and quiet. Now that you feel a bit more at ease on the boat, you like to sit by the bow pulpit and watch as you plough through the water surface. And he loves to watch you from the other side of the yacht, analysing every movement of your hair or the way you shrink into one of his hoodies because of the breeze. At one point, he leaves his place and comes kneeling before you. 

"Are you all right?" you ask him, slightly concerned by the scene.

He shakes his head but gives you the brightest smile he's ever shown you. Then he begins searching his windbreaker until he finds the ring box with both your engagement ring and his. He opens up the lid and you almost fall back in the water for the surprise (and panic, but mostly excitement). "Not until I hear you saying yes to spending the rest of our lives together."