Traditions

A couple tradition you honor

Carlos Sainz Jr

(not F1 related): when you go to the stadium for Real Madrid-Barcelona you always drive in separate cars. 

(F1 related): your voice has got to be the last he hears before he gets in the car, whether in person, on the phone, or on the team radio.

Charles Leclerc

(not F1 related): he always sends you flowers the morning of your birthday.

(F1 related): whether you're together or apart, you both turn off your phone every 14th of July, no distractions from remembering Jules.

Daniel Ricciardo

(not F1 related): he kisses your ring hand every morning just to remind himself how happy he is with you.

(F1 related): whenever he has to leave for a race you can't be at, you hide a chocolate bar in his bag.

George Russell

(not F1 related): he's the breakfast guy. He always makes it for you, and when he's away, he has it delivered to you from your favorite cafe.

(F1 related): you text him a different book quote on every race day just before he gets in the car. It doesn't matter if you have to set an alarm for three in the morning to do that.

Lando Norris

(not F1 delivered): you keep every drawing he makes, even when he throws his sketches away, you secretly sneak the paper back in your pocket and then in the box you have hidden in your side of the wardrobe.

(F1 related): he doesn't really care if you miss his races as long as you never miss Spa (and you never do).

Lewis Hamilton

(not F1 related): you two are always - ALWAYS - on the phone, no matter the distance or what you're doing; most times either one of you falls asleep on Face Time.

(F1 related): when he races in Silverstone, you always make sure you wear something with the Union Jack on, and for some reason he laughs his ass off every time he sees it.

Max Verstappen

(not F1 related): in loving memory of the first time you met (and the time before that, actually), he lets you throw him off the boat every time you go out at sea. He doesn't even complain about the salty water ruining his expensive clothes anymore.

(F1 related): you paint your cheeks black and orange for every Grand Prix except for the Dutch one (yes, you living paradox).

Pierre Gasly

(not F1 related): you have dinner on top of the Tour Eiffel once a year, there's no escaping that. (And, I mean, who wants to?)

(F1 related): you always make stupid bets on race weekends. He got a podium once and you had to speak without using the letter P for a week. (I know, it makes no sense, but you do you.)