18. Ice Boy and Demon Girl

This was so much longer than expected. Especially considering my lack of ability when it comes to fight scenes. So I'm sorry.

~~~

Y/n stared up at the group of people standing before her. The leaders of Edolas' Magic Warfare Unit, Hughes and Sugarboy. The lives of her friends and the fate of both worlds rested on her, Natsu, Gray and Lucy. In short, both Edolas and Earthland were doomed.

"Will you be good animals and go back to your cages without a fight?" Sugarboy asked. He was a blonde man clad in pink armour asked. He was riding a merry-go-round for some reason y/n couldn't quite fathom. But she also didn't really care.

"You don't give a cow a choice, you just make 'em do what you want," Hughes, the black and white-haired knight from before, scoffed. He held up a baton and smirked coyly. "Besides if code ETD pans out as hoped that means that these eyesores become a waste of space... and if there's one thing we're good at it's taking out the trash,"

The ship he stood on shook before rising from the ground and flying towards the Earthland wizards. "Get ready to meet your maker!"

When the dust cleared the two Edolas mages gasped in shock. A shield of ice had appeared from seemingly nowhere, blocking the attack.

"So these Earthland wizards use magic like exceeds do?"

"I thought their item less magic was nothing more than a rumour..." Sugarboy mused. "It's truly breathtaking to behold,"

Natsu growled, fire roaring to life at his feet.

"Woah this dude's combusting!"

"And you will too!" Natsu shouted, throwing himself at Hughes with a growl, fist ablaze.

Y/n's attention was torn away from the fire dragon slayer as the ground beneath her feet gave.

Lucy let out a panicked scream and grabbed onto y/n's arm as they started to sink into the floor. "What are we standing in!?"

Gray grit his teeth and fixed the wizard before them with a stern glare. "I'm not sure we wanna know,"

Sugarboy smirked and hummed softly. He did that a lot.

"Natsu isn't doing so well," y/n stated, her eyes trained on the coaster in the sky. "Lucy you've got to get him out of there,"

"Me?" the blonde asked. "How am I supposed to do that?"

She tensed when a pair of hands clasped around her arms. She turned to Gray whose eyes were zeroed in on the coaster track. "Wait, Gray, you're kidding- wait!"

Her other pleas died in her throat as she flew towards Natsu at breakneck speeds.

Y/n turned her attention back to the battle at hand, assessing the wizard through careful eyes.

"Hold onto me,"

She didn't hesitate to do as Gray said, wrapping her arms around his neck. Her grip tightened when he used two ice grappling hooks to throw them into the air. She let go when he began building his magic again, watching as he attacked Sugarboy with a scythe. The knight didn't even move.

Her eyes widened as the attack seemingly melted. But not into water. It was as if the ice had suddenly changed properties, becoming soft and malleable.

"So it's all ice?" Sugarboy chuckled, holding a sword out in front of him. "Yes, Earthland magic is quite versatile,"

"How did you warp the attack?" y/n demanded, standing next to Gray. She slid a foot back and raised her hands in a fighting stance but didn't summon any magic. First, she needed to know how Sugarboy's worked.