51. Naval Battle

Hope you all had a rockin' New Year and enjoyed a holiday if you celebrate one. If not, I hope you enjoyed some time off for yourself. Take care of yourselves. Drink some water. Eat nachos. Go on a walk.

The more I think about it the less I want to do the Tartaros arc. But there's also no way around it because it's a pretty big thing. So that kinda blows.

Anyways, here's the new chapter. It's not that long nor is it good but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

~~~

The Naval battle had been going well for both Fairy Tail teams.

Lucy had done well. She had Aquarius on her side, for a while at least. But when the spirit left in favour of spending time with Scorpio, Virgo and Aries were more than ready to step in.

Juvia was right at home in the water and y/n was certain they couldn't have picked a better contestant. The water mage held her own against Aquarius and managed to knock out three opponents all at once. She was thrown from the sphere shortly after but she still placed third, earning six points for Team B.

With only two participants remaining, Lucy and Minerva of Sabertooth, the five-minute rule came into effect.

That was when things started to go wrong.

Minerva was merciless, striking Lucy with blow after blow. The blonde, defenceless against it as Minerva had stolen her keys. Every time it seemed Lucy would fall from the sphere she was pulled back in, forced to endure more of the torturous assault. When the five minutes were up, the attacks became more and more brutal. Lucy went silent, her body floating, lifeless and still in the water.

The match was called far too late in y/n's mind.

Minerva smirked and lifted Lucy by the neck. She held her outside of the sphere, far above the ground.

She let go.

Y/n reacted before she even had time to process what was happening. Her body moved as if on its own as she leapt over the half-wall of the stands to the arena floor. She cursed as she landed, her ankle flaring with pain. Y/n ignored it, pushing herself to run faster still. Her eyes were trained on Lucy's limp form. The blonde's head and limbs flopping and rolling listlessly as she dropped through the air.

Natsu and Gray were closer, catching Lucy moments before she hit the ground.

Y/n let her eyes flicker to Minerva and a low snarl ripped its way from the depths of her throat. The Sabertooth mage looked far too proud of what she'd done. Lucy was barely breathing when y/n dropped to her knees at her side.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit," she muttered the word like a mantra her eyes wide.

Y/n's hands shook as they glowed with healing blue light. Not from fear or worry, but barely contained rage. She took a deep breath, trying to force it back, ignore it, as she set to work healing the worst of Lucy's injuries. The ground beneath her knees began to crack. Thin, cobweb-like fractures, splitting the earth and it became clear that just ignoring her anger wasn't going to work.

Instead, y/n focused the energy it gave her into healing Lucy. Her entire body was practically vibrating with rage but for the time being her magic had stopped affecting their surroundings. The last thing that she wanted was for Lucy to be hurt even more because y/n was unable to control herself. Her hands glowed brighter as the magic increased, but she still wasn't able to do much.

Wendy and Sherria appeared at her side and set to work. For a split second y/n considered taking some of Sherria's magic. She shook her head, condemning herself for even considering such a thing. Now was not the time to be thinking of herself Lucy needed help.