25. You Can't Kiss It Better

"Y/n I need to talk to you,"

"Okay, well I'm kind of in the middle of-"

"Now,"

Y/n mouthed okay and turned to face Gajeel with an apologetic smile. "I'll catch you later I guess,"

The iron dragon slayer muttered something she didn't quite catch and rose abruptly from his seat. It seemed that any time Gajeel was near y/n something or someone would get in his way. He shot Lucy a half-hearted glare and offered y/n the slightest of smiles and a two-fingered salute before leaving the two girls to their devices.

Y/n watched as Lucy took the now empty seat, brow raised questioningly. "So, what is it that's so pressing?"

"You need to apologize," She stated, crossing her arms and trying for an authoritative stare.

"What?"

"Gray, you need to apologize to him," Lucy said. "I don't know what's going on between you two but it's affecting everyone and it needs to stop,"

"Wish I could help you Luce but I have nothing to apologize for," y/n declared, leaning back into her chair. She practically oozed nonchalance as she kicked her feet up onto the table between them and started examining her nails as if the conversation one she'd had a hundred times before. Her voice was surprisingly cold as she spoke, not even bothering to look Lucy in the eye. "I didn't do anything wrong! He's the one who should be sorry. Not me,"

"Look, I wasn't there for whatever happened in the library two weeks ago, but sometimes you have to be the bigger person," Lucy tried to keep her exasperation from her voice. This had gone on long enough and they all knew it. Y/n and Gray were just too headstrong to admit it.

"But don't you think I should let Gray be the one to do it?" y/n asked. "Because it is clear that the man has never been the bigger person in his life. It would be wrong of me to rob him of the chance,"

"Would you just look at the guy? He clearly regrets it he's just stubborn," Lucy reasoned. "He looks like he's killing himself over this- like it's slowly eating away at him,"

Y/n looked up and met the blonde's gaze head-on. Lucy couldn't help but shrink in on herself at its intensity as well as the scathing tone of voice. "Good,"

"You don't actually mean that do you? Gray is your friend,"

She shrugged carelessly. "I'm sadistic,"

Lucy stared at y/n in tired disbelief.

"And I masochistic- it's as if we're meant to be,"

Lucy rolled her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. "What do you want Loke?"

The celestial spirit pushed up his glasses and offered her a sly smile. "Who says I want anything?"

"You always want something,"

"What can I say? It's one of my best traits," he said, leaning against the table with his hands crossed.

"Unsurprising considering how repulsive the rest of them are," y/n said, sitting up straight.

Leo turned to her as she spoke and his smirk grew into a coy smile. "Oh y/n, wry as always, it seems,"

"What can I say, it's one of my best traits," she replied in a decent impression of his voice.

He chuckled, sliding himself into the seat next to hers. He draped his arm over her shoulders and y/n had to bite back a growl as her entire body instinctively tensed at the touch. She let out a shuddering breath, forcing herself to relax. She knew Loke, she was safe with him.