26. The S-Class Trials

Y/n groaned lowly as she stared down at the crashing waves that passed below. Her arms hung loosely over the edge of the boat and her head resting exhaustedly on the railing.

"I know you get motion sick but I've never seen you this bad," Lucy said her brows furrowing in concern.

Y/n grunted and lifted her head up so that she could glare at the blonde.

"I'm usually okay, but boats-" she gagged, cutting herself off to empty her stomach contents into the sea. "Pose an interesting challenge..."

"Well look on the bright side, you look hot," Loke flirted, with a wink.

"He's right you look sexy as fuck," Cana said with an approving grin. "I'd tap that,"

"I feel hot," she muttered, opting to ignore the brunette. "I'm literally melting,"

"We knew it was going to be hot, why not bring something a little cooler?" Levi asked.

"Because I'm not about to sacrifice function," y/n replied. "The bandana is to keep from getting heatstroke- I can tie it around my head,"

"And the jacket?"

"I don't know how cold the nights are going to be," y/n said, raising her arms up as if in surrender. "Besides I don't really like dressing like this,"

She gestured down to her outfit. A black crop top with matching black shorts, underneath a tan jacket. It was by no means outrageous, especially compared to some of the others, but y/n still couldn't help the discomfort she felt. Her dagger was fixed to her thigh as always as well as a small leather pouch. She had a red bandana tied around her neck, fingerless gloves adorned her hands and her beat-up combats on her feet.

(Kind of a combination of elements from these two)

Natsu let out a sickening moan from beside y/n, weakly raising his head. "It wouldn't be so bad if Wendy would cast that miracle spell,"

The two stood side by side at the stern of the boat. Makarov had knocked Natsu away when the fire dragon had tried to puke over the bow claiming that he didn't want to clean vomit off of his ship. Y/n had immediately stumbled over to the back of the boat to spill her guts, earning a number of confused stares from her guildmates.

"I can't blame her though," Loke shrugged, adjusting his glasses with a smirk. "She is technically your enemy,"

"Sorry, Natsu," Wendy said, offering him an awkward smile. "Y/n you're not competing, do you want me to cast it on you?"

She shook her head fiercely and immediately regretted it as a violent gag wracked her body. Y/n wiped her mouth with the back of her hand before speaking. "It's fine Wendy, you need to preserve your strength. Besides, it can't be too much farther... Right?"

"It'll probably be another fifteen before we reach the shore," Levi said sympathetically.

"Kill me," y/n said, glaring at the island on the horizon. She cursed herself for agreeing to go. She no reason to be there on that cursed boat, why did she have to say yes?

Y/n hadn't been chosen to participate in the S-Class trials. Not that it was all that surprising, she was still quite new to the guild. Besides, y/n didn't care much for labels. Not to mention the fact that becoming an S-Class wizard could garner her some unwanted attention from the council. Attention that could lead them to discover things that were best kept hidden,

No one had chosen y/n to be their partner for the trials either. She would have been happy to say yes but no one asked. She had been a little disappointed, but she understood. People had longer, stronger relations and had made promises and pacts between themselves years ago. She couldn't expect herself to come before that. But at the same time, was she really expected to stay back while all her friends went off to some mystical island?