21. Le Petit Prince

"I am the demon they call Dragneel!" Natsu cackled, his dishevelled cloak billowing in the wind. "I have come to your world to steal all your magic power!"

The crowd below gasped. So this creature was at fault for their loss of magic power? But how could they ever hope to beat it?

"Faust isn't your king anymore! I beat his ass!" Y/n roared, her voice thundering down the city streets. A building behind her rumbled before coming crashing to the ground. "Be grateful I chose to let him live!"

Any thoughts of running vanished from the Royal City's citizens' minds as they stared up at their ruler. The king hung limp, covered in scrapes and bruises.

"But I didn't let him live thanks to the goodness of my heart," y/n stated, grinning wickedly. Her eyes alight with unhinged glee. "No, no, no. You see... I'm not done with him yet,"

The crowd cried out, their screams nearly drowning out y/n's laugh. The h/c mage smirked to herself. Their plan was working marvellously. The crowd's instincts were taking over. They were petrified with fear, unable to move. Or even look away from the monsters above them.

"Come on Redfox, Marvel!" Natsu barked, throwing his arm out to the side. "It's time to trash this city!"

The citizens screamed in terror as a number of buildings along the street split in half. A figure dropped down amidst the debris, red eyes glowing through the thick dust.

"He's got a sword for an arm!" A man shrieked, scrambling back.

"These villains won't stop until they've destroyed everything in sight!" y/n looked down at the man who spoke. Her e/c eyes flickering between him and Gajeel. Ah. The two men swapped smirks before the Edolas version continued to shout: "The city is under attack from demons from another world!"

Y/n tried her best not to laugh at Wendy's attempt to scare the people. She shook her head, barely fighting off a smile. That kid's too pure for this world...

"Just look at them! They're an unstoppable force of evil!" Edolas Gajeel exclaimed.

"Now my loyal servants of Dragneel!" Natsu shouted. "Keep on destroying stuff!"

Gajeel growled and fixed the pink-haired wizard with a fierce glare. "Keep going with this servant crap and I'm coming up here first!"

"You dare challenge your master?" Y/n asked. Gajeel shrunk back slightly as he looked down at him, her e/c eyes dead. She raised an arm and pointed it out over the city. Before Gajeel could even blink a blast of magic shot forth from her hand.

This magic was different from any he'd seen her use before. It was pitch black and when it struck the building across from her it kept going, paving a path of destruction throughout the city.

"No ma'am," he shook his head, his face paler than usual.

He turned his gaze back to the citizens who were cowering low to the ground. They were all staring up at y/n, shaking uncontrollably. Some of them began to regain their bearings, shouting at the dragon slayers to give them their magic back.

"You'd better be careful," Natsu warned, a warm orange glow building in the back of his throat. "Because you know what happens when you play with fire!"

The crowd screamed once more as he breathed out a collum of flames into the sky. Their panic only growing as Edolas Gajeel continued to shout about the demon's strength.

"Stop this now!"

Y/n turned at the sound of Mystogans voice and smirked. Perfect.

The citizens murmured uncertainly below, trying to find the source of the voice. Who could be foolish enough to give monsters such as these orders?