Chapter 8

NEW! CHRIS EVANS AND FALLON ST JAMES SPOTTED FILMING IN SALEM.

DATE WITH JUSTICE: Fallon St James & Chris Evans walk hand in hand during filming of Defending Jacob.

Since their infamous Graham Norton interview and announcement that they would be working together, ex-lovers Chris Evans and Fallon St James have set tongues wagging as to whether the pair have decided to reconcile. A source says, "Chris and Fallon have grown incredibly close during filming, they're always laughing, sharing jokes and generally happy to be back in one another's company again. People probably won't be surprised if they actually get back together again".

Of course the rumour mill is going into overdrive. Gossip columns have nothing better to do than to make shit up. But with this? They're kind of right.

It's no secret that Chris and I do hang out on set. We sit in hair and makeup of a morning; he's brought Dodger along while he's filming so we have a little mascot who is getting the most attention for the crew.

And the attention I'm getting?

Well, right now I'm in my trailer waiting for the person who's been giving it ever since our scene the other week. There's the familiar knock he gives before he comes in and locks the door behind him. Immediately his lips are on mine, hands, trying their hardest not to rip off the clothes we've just changed into for our next scene.

"We shouldn't..." I pull away, knowing that at any moment one of the runners could come and interrupt, even with the door locked.

"Method acting - 'Mom' and 'Dad' have gotta keep the romance alive somehow" He throws me a cheeky look. "Anyone asks we're going through lines".

Yeah, and we've well and truly crossed them too.

Fuck it.

My lips crash back onto his, hand cupping him through his trousers whilst his own is squeezing my ass. "Can I see you after we're done here?" He asks, breaking away.

As if I'm going to say no.

"Yeah...yeah whatever you want". I say quickly, still lost in his kiss.

There's a knock on the door and we freeze. "Fallon, they're ready in five minutes". Comes the voice from one of the runners.

"Okay!" I call back and then free myself from Chris's grasp. "I think you need to sort that little problem before you go to set" I note the tent in his pants.

"You mean big problem" He leans in and kisses me. "I'll see you on set", then adjusting himself and checking that the coast is clear before leaving.

I smooth my hair down, wondering what the hell I'm doing.

Chris. You're doing Chris. On set and off.

Heading onto set, they quickly top up our makeup and then it's showtime. We're back in Andy and Laurie mode, having to make their way through journalists and photographers to reach court for Day 1 of the trial. Chris has a tight hold of my hand, both of us acting sombre and walking up the stairs. His hand moves to my lower back, guiding me into the building as any protective husband would, and then we hear, "Cut!".

They reset and we do a few more takes before we shoot the scene of escorting Jacob from the courthouse. We watch it back and really do look like a tormented family - and will do even more so later when we get to the more intense scenes. One of where Andy has to rip into Jacob about a post on the internet.

We finish for the day and I head to my trailer to get changed before I make for my hotel. Chris's knock sounds and he opens the door, complete with an excited Dodger.

"You wanna come back to mine?" He asks, closing the door as I kneel down and make a fuss of Dodger.

"Is that wise?" I ask, wondering if anyone will see us.

"It's that or we can be pictured going into your hotel room". He shrugs

Shit, I hadn't thought of that.

"Yeah ok, we're going to yours". I tell him quickly, texting the details over to Alice incase I'm not back at my hotel tomorrow morning - which is obvious.
She and Megan kind of guessed what's been happening, both of them being on constant contact just incase anything does get out.

Once I'm ready, we head for Chris's car that's waiting for him and get in, both breathing a sigh of relief as the vehicle begins to move away from set.

His hand takes my own and he gives it a kiss.

Tonight will be the first time we've spent one together in years, and suddenly I couldn't feel anymore nervous about it.

The drive from Salem to his isn't exactly long, but long enough for us to try and refrain from having sex in the back of the car.

Eventually we make it to his and already are kissing before we've even got through the front door, Dodger zooming in and barking.

Then I hear a familiar voice...

"Chris? It's just me! Thought I'd come over and..." the woman whose voice has sounded now comes out to the entrance hall and stops dead. "Oh...Fallon..." Her expression changes, face falling, and I can instantly tell she's just as shocked to see me as we are to see her standing there.

She has every right to want to murder me, after all, I am the bitch who broke her son's heart.

Chris simply smiles weakly, his grasp on my hand now tightening, both of us knowing tonight is over before it's even begun.

"Hey Ma".