Chapter 13

My team have been busy re-arranging my schedule, turning down projects that will be filmed around the times either when I'm heavily pregnant or just given birth. It sucks because some of the scripts were fantastic, but the excuse they're giving is that it with conflict with my schedule.

Absolute classic.

At the moment things are easy because I'm not even showing, but I know that when I begin to then I'll have to disappear from public view. The speculation about Chris and I is now being classed as a PR stunt, which I don't even care about because it throws people off the scent as to what's actually happening. Plus, I'm back and forth to London, so only there am I being pictured or currently making appearances to promote the TV series that's going to be on the BBC. There are a few American one's I'm appearing on, like Jimmy Fallon, which is the one I'm currently backstage for.

Now I'm being introduced, and I know that later on, Chris will be watching at home. I'll be travelling for a couple of days, so I won't get to see him, but I promised I'd call after the show.

"It's Fallon meets Fallon!" He grins as I walk on and give a little wave to the audience, giving him a hug and then sitting down next to his desk. "Wow! Fallon St James everyone! Doesn't she look amazing?" The audience cheers and claps before settling. "Thanks so much for coming on, it's always a load of fun when you do".

"I know right? I think last time we had to do the whole beer pong roulette?" I try and think. It's been a while. Thankfully Alice has told Jimmy's team that I won't be needing or drinking anything tonight.

"I think it might have been. we'll have someone try and find that tape, so anyway, how are you? I know I keep saying it but you look great, happy".

I nod. "I am, I've had a lot of good things come my way recently. I've just been working my ass off, and yeah...I think I might just decide that now's the time to take a break". I tell him, both of us then getting into the new show and watching a promo clip that is being shown throughout the appearances I'm doing along with others.

Jimmy turns back to me after watching the clip. "I honestly can't wait for it, so...recently you were in Boston filming a show with Chris Evans, and there's obviously been a lot of stuff going around about it, about you two".

I groan and put my head in my hands. "I know where you're going with this".

"Now you two used to be together, right?"

"Yes, a very long time ago, both before we became known as we are now, we dated for a while".

"Who called it quits with who?"

"Oh my god" I laugh and hide my face. "I mean, it was mutual whether you choose to believe that or not".

Here comes the quick fire round of questions.

"So what was it like working with him? I mean were you guys like 'oh hey 'sup, like really awkward or did you get along".

I sit back on the couch. "Y'know, it was another project and even though obviously there is history, it really wasn't that awkward at all. It was like we'd kinds just spent a few weeks away from one another and then went back to hanging out together". I shrug. "And when it finally gets to being released, you'll see that this guy? He honestly nailed every single scene that we had, and sometimes even I was like 'oh my god, maybe this is real?', because he was just soooo good".

"I heard there's an, erm, love scene?"

"Now what are you implying!" I laugh it off as does he.

"How was that for you guys?"

By now I'm cringing and shaking my head. "As awkward as any scene is where you're pretending to get it on in front of a whole film crew". I still have to laugh, because I know Alice is going to murder his research team.

The interview concludes and I head back to the hotel before I go and do some more press.

I feel drained once I'm back that evening and am almost falling asleep when Chris facetimes. "Hey beautiful" He grins as Dodger also appears beside him.

"Hi you, everything ok?"

"All good over here, you alright? How'd everything go?"

I nod. "Ok, but there were questions about us. Alice is about to stab anyone else who asks about it. She's now told interviewers no personal or relationship questions".

My publicist is a beast when she wants to be.

"So that'll be most of what they were gonna ask then" He smirks, knowing full well what it's like. You say something and then everyone else catches wind and it's all they wanna ask. "You alright though? Feeling ok?"

"Yeah" I yawn, "I just wanna have this scan so I actually know how far along we are. I'm impatient already".

Our first one is booked for a couple of weeks' time, but it can't come quick enough. Both of us have made sure our schedules are clear and have been rearranged for that day. "I know, me too" He smiles, and suddenly I feel emotional as hell. "Hey, Fal what's wrong?" He looks concerned.

"Just miss you that's all" I wipe my eyes and pull myself together. "Sorry, stupid hormones have been wreaking havoc with me the last couple of days".

"I promise when you get home we can just sit and cuddle all afternoon and evening if you really want?"

I sigh. "Mmmmm, yes please - and in bed?"

"I mean today was a 4pm bedtime kinda day for me, so I'm never gonna say no to that".

Oh no. That's never good. "You ok?" I ask, now feeling bad for not enquiring how he's feeling.

He nods. "I am now, just a few things I needed to get off my chest to family".

Crap.

"What things?" I ask cautiously.

"I kinda said they weren't welcome unless they just accept this is the situation with us and how it's gonna be. The Evans family group chat? Well, it was lit to say the least".

Oh boy. More tension I've caused. Glad I'm not part of that chat. "How did you leave it?"

"Doesn't matter..."

"Chris, I don't want you falling out with family because of me. I'm not worth going that far for and I certainly don't want to break you all apart".

He shakes his head. "It's not you Fallon, this is me and what I've decided that is best for us. If our family don't like it, then they're not having the privilege of being part of something that we should be all celebrating".

I nod, "But are you ok though? Now you've had your early bedtime?"

"Yeah. Dodge and I chilled with a few films, but I'm better for seeing and speaking with you". He shifts, "You get some sleep, alright?"

"Alright, talk to you tomorrow, I'll be home before you know it".

"Hurry the hell up, oh and Fal?"

"Yeah?" I say before we hang up.

He smiles warmly, "I love you"

Instantly I feel my heart swell. "Love you too Evans".

I now come to the realisation that I never did fall out of love with him, even if he may have done with me, we're back where we both belong.

Together.