Chapter 19

"That's it Fallon, you're doing great sweetheart" Chris murmurs more words of encouragement to me as I grasp his hand and push as the midwife tells me to do so.

"Ok Fallon, we need you to keep panting, not pushing, we just need to get his head out" she instructs me and I do, letting out a pained cry as I feel the baby now begin to move. "Keep panting, good girl..."

My nails dig into Chris's hand. It's the home stretch. I've spent hours withstanding the constant pain from the contractions, even with gas and air, but finally we're almost done.

"Big push, come on, one more and he'll be here". I don't waste any time, and bear down, letting out another pained cry as both the midwife and Chris are encouraging me on. "Harder, keep going he's almost here!"

The wails that fill the room now startle me, and I'm in shock as a small and bloodied baby is placed onto my chest squealing away.

"Oh my god" I hear a Chris say in shock. "Look at him Fal, he's here". Giving me a kiss and now quickly wiping some tears from his eyes.

It's because he's crying that I'm not doing so as well.

We have our boy, and even in his current state I'm in love already.

The midwife quickly weighs and cleans him up before she passes him back. I hand him to Chris whose eyes haven't left him since he arrived just minutes ago. "Hey buddy". He says gently, looking proudly at him. "You finally decided to join us eh?" Continuing to talk to him while the midwives sort me out and help to clean me up. "Oh your grandma's gonna fall in love with you, she is..."

It melts my heart to see him like this, and he now puts him back in my arms. "Let me go and call mom and then I'll get in touch with Megan and Alice". He gives me a kiss. "I'm so proud of you Fal, you were amazing".

He goes to make the calls, and I lie there, looking down at the baby and feeling a whole new sense of purpose in life. It's then I decide that my days of acting are over, and new the new role of mum is the only one I ever want to play from now on.

"Welcome to the family, Blake". I tell him quietly and kiss his little head.

.
**

Lisa and Scott come to visit that evening and of course there are tears from both. "My god I'm so proud of you". Lisa wipes her tears away as she gives Chris a kiss and then looks to where Blake is nestled in the crook of my arm.
"Welldone Fallon, oh look at him!" She begins to cry again on seeing her grandson.

Chris gently takes Blake from my arms and Lisa holds him, stroking his head and talking to him.

"Normally I'd say let's hope he doesn't look like you, but I think he'd be winning at life if he does". Scott says to his brother, admiring his nephew as their mother holds him.

"We can only hope". I smile tiredly from the bed.

"Oh god! Sorry Fallon, here we are looking at Blake and ignoring you" Lisa comes and sits on the chair next to the bed.

I wave it off. "You can ignore me for him any day".

"Why don't you get some sleep gorgeous". Chris says.

I nod and close my eyes. "Carly and Shanna send their love, they're gonna come and see you guys when you're home from here and settled". Lisa says. "Stella's eager to have a hold of her cousin".

"Nuh uh - uncle cuddles come first!" Scott objects and now I assume he has the baby. "Hey lil guy! I'm your fun uncle, waaaay more fun than your dad".

"Shut up" Chris drawls and I drift off, happy knowing that the family are content and finally accept the situation. I don't care if the others don't accept me, all that matters is that Blake is loved.

**

Finally we can be discharged the next day and security and the staff see that we're able to leave discreetly. We have to calm Dodger first before we introduce him to the baby, but he's fine and simply sits and stares at Blake while he's in the baby seat, almost like he's guarding him.

I know these two will be the best of friends.

Dodger stands guard or rather lays at my feet while I'm feeding, then sticking his face onto my lap so as he can be sure that Blake is still there.

"He's not gonna disappear bubba, he's still there". Chris ruffles his fur and gives him a treat. "But you can't play with him though, he's too little - but he'll get older".

"And by then Dodger won't know what's hit him". I smirk.

We both sit there and admire what we've made. He doesn't look as scrunched up today but I can already tell he's going to be the image of Chris.

"God he's so perfect". Chris is still giddy with pride. "We made him..."

"I know" I smirk. "We do make pretty cute kids".

"Is it wrong I'm already thinking about the next?"

I roll my eyes. "Let me get over this one first, then we can think about it". I grin. I don't even wanna know what it looks like downstairs, probably like a total car wreck. "Although I doubt you're gonna wanna venture down there again".

He smirks and then kisses me. "I don't care, I want all the babies with you St James".