Chapter 2

Zack's POV
"You may now kiss the bride...
I  now pronounce you husband and wife...".
And that was how my beautiful single life came to an end.
What the hell did I do to deserve this? Am only 27 and still have a long way to go. Never in my life did I imagine that I'd get married to a lady I just met without knowing a damn thing about her! I stole a glance at her and saw her wearing a deep frown but trying to cover it up. My so-called wife was the 'almighty Diana Richards Davidson' the top richest female CEO. How the hell did I get married to her? Am nothing compared to her, thanks to my younger brother who never ceases to remind me. Truth be told, I never knew she existed in this country, neither did I ever dream of seeing or recognizing her... For goodness sake I didn't know she existed nor gave a damn! I just wanted to give my baby bro and widowed mum a good and better life by working hard but all that has come to an end cos I was found half naked with a lady who was equally half naked in a car, wrapped around each other asleep in the middle of nowhere!!!
God! I'm going crazy!
I came out of the wedding ground, it was a small wedding with only family members and no reporters but one could smell wealth in the air. Though the wedding was held in the garden of the Davidson's compound, the out door decorations were out of this world and must be damn expensive. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price tag of the suit they bought me for the wedding at $68,000..  In my entire life on earth, I've never made such an amount.
Frustrated, I dragged the tie off my neck and held it, then mum passed...
"Zac what's wrong? Why are you standing there like someone who lost his wife?"
"I wish it was so" and I got a slap at the back of my head.
"That's a bad thing to wish the young lady you just married!"
"But mum, why would you agree to this marriage? I barely know her"
"And she..."
"She made you sleep!" She cut in and for a moment I stopped talking cos there was a tone in her voice.
"Do you know how hard it is for me to watch my own son everyday go without sleep? Or the fact that you can't sleep without your medication which costs a fortune and God knows I would pay any amount regardless of how poor I am... And that too can't cure your insomnia because the doctor warned against taking it always. For months I watched you go without sleep, I held you in my arms every night when you were still a kid... you cried unceasingly because you couldn't sleep and it broke my heart every single day. Then on a beautiful day I get a call from someone with the message that he's asleep in a car with a lady...
   I had missed feelings because I know you couldn't do such a thing and most importantly you couldn't fall asleep! I came to see for myself so that I could teach the idiot who tried to blackmail you a lesson". That earned a chuckle from me becauseI knew what she could do and she went on...
"... But there you were before me... Asleep... Peacefully with a girl beside you...
It was so lovely that I couldn't get mad at you or the girl because she did something that your mother couldn't do in all the 27 years of your life... Just by staying beside you... I even took a picture. I was sincerely grateful and still am and it's only natural that I agree to this marriage like her grandma said and you can catch up with those years of lost sleep". I was lost for words because it seems right but....
"I want you to take good care of her... And you too Diana..." Mum said and I turned to see my 'wife' at the door staring at us. She looked puzzled which was kinda cute.
Wait, What? Who said she's cute...
"I take it that you heard my story about your husband"
"Yes ma" she half whispered and after a few seconds she walked away with her wedding dress.

        Ava's POV
"Unbelievable!" I kept muttering for the 100th time. I couldn't stop staring and almost drooling over my big sis hubby. Sweet Jesus, he was the perfect definition of 'PERFECTION!'👌

I mean you could check the dictionary for the word beautiful and Zack Skylar would surface. I mean, I didn't mean to droll, especially at his wedding... But it's so freaking hard to not stare at a delicious looking man, with the hottest pair of drop dead gorgeous eyes. It was so blue like the color of the sky and the sea on a sunny day. I still remember the first day I saw him. It was a funny encounter... Seeing him asleep with my big sis in his arms, God knows I was disappointed in her but I gave this guy a thumbs up because not every guy gets this opportunity, I mean no guy at all... and I was totally impressed.
I'm more like the black sheep of the family... The crazy one, actually everyone else is boring as hell. But I still love them all, they're all I got, my grandma and big sis. But right now I don't think I'm still disappointed in her. Her hubby is so freaking cute that I am suddenly proud of her but not the other way round, she got eyes for good things( this Ava is crazy). At least we got a fine young man in the house.

      Diana's POV
I was staring at him from afar and still wondering what the hell happened and now I am married!. A tear fell from my eye as I wiped it off. I may not remember what happened but I won't let it control me or let him pull me down, never! And he better be careful cos I don't have time for low lives like him as far as I'm concerned, I am the head of this marriage. Just then I bumped into my crazy younger sis...
"Congratulations on your wedding to the love of your life!" she said, shocking the hell out of me.
"He is not the love of my life! What is wrong with you?" She burst out laughing which wasn't funny. It made me remember her expression when she first saw Zac and I  together and I didn't like it...
"Yo chill sis, I was just giving my best wishes to you for a happy married life not to mention you got yourself a hunk of a man I mean look at him!"
"Sweet Jesus! He's hot and you should keep an eye on him cos any girl would wanna have that beside her. You're lucky I got principles and am a big fan of the10th commandment... I won't convert your property even though you're not my neighbor" she said and I couldn't believe my ears as I rolled my eyes
"How the hell is he handsome?" And immediately she looked at me with shock and unbelief in her eyes. I felt eyes on me and looked around only to see the maids looking at me with shock and for a sec I was really confused... Did I say something wrong? Why was everyone looking at me? Why do I even care?

"Damn! he's so freaking fine! This guy is fire!" God knows I didn't know what came over me when the word "That's my HUSBAND!" Came out of my mouth wait WHAT!
She gave me a creepy smile..
"That's the spirit! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to my in-law" and with that she disappeared. Unbelievable! Who is the one getting married?

       Zac's POV
At night....
After a very long day, meeting the close family members and introducing them, taking a few pictures, signing the marriage certificate, oh... my poor youth...
Not forgetting the lectures given to me by both parents and how to actually behave around people like a princess getting married to prince charming and should know the proper etiquette for a married woman. But I was actually glad it was on a low key and with no reporters, I wasn't ready to face anyone as The CEO'S husband, most especially my friends... What a long day! And I had to share a room with her? Now I know I am really married...
I just came out of the shower and...
"There are gonna be some rules around here" I looked up to see 'my wife' seated on a sofa with her leg crossed in her nightgown that still looked like a corporate wear what the hell? There was a piece of paper beside her. And come to think of it, that's the first time she talked to me since we met.
"Here" she stretched her hand with the paper in it.

"What's that?"
"The rules you have to live by in this house"
It was filled up and I just stared at her stretched out hand and the piece of paper she held out while she talked...
"You'll sleep on the sofa over there..." and I scoffed, she was making it sound like we were in a business meeting or something,
"I live my life the way I want to" and with that I walked to the sofa to get some sleep, leaving her shocked. Did she really think she could control me?

Diana's POV
What just happened? No one and I mean no one dares say no to me!!! How dare he...?