Chapter 5

("Stop calling my husband...")
  Zac's POV
I got ready to go to 'work' as D's hubby... My wardrobe was totally changed and everything was imported so that I won't have to wear what anyone else wears and this was frustrating...no one else had the same clothes as me.
Diana was already at work and Ava has been running around getting things ready with the maids and lecturing me on how to handle the press and people, not forgetting her uncle who she mentioned was crazy and was trying to take over the company and giving D a hard time... Was that guy looking for a death wish? He didn't see anyone to pick on but D? Am ready for his funeral.
30mins later...
We drove into the company's parking lot and got out. The driver stayed put but my bodyguards, whom I didn't think were necessary, came out first and opened the door so I could step out. All these felt weird and uncomfortable cos I wasn't used to them! I was rather used to doing their jobs since I grew up in the streets. I didn't see a need for them until I saw the press and the madness associated with it,jeez! They were all crazy! And I actually felt like giving my bodyguards a hug for saving me from the claws of death...
The reporters were crazy! Everyone was shoving there mic down my throat, asking both reasonable and ridiculous questions, while some were just perverts! What business could you possibly have with I & my wife's bedroom? I even tried to answer a few of there questions so as not to sound rude...
" So sir you just got married out of the blues?" "Tell me about it" was what I thought about the question but didn't voice it out, rather I said...
"That's what happens when you find your woman".
"How long have you been seeing each other?"
"Longer than you can ever imagine"
"So when did you guys meet, was it planned or by coincidence?" The reporter who was a female, I can feel was trying to dig something up and looked very serious with her job.
And that made me smile, more like a smirk. Gently I took off my sun shades and looked her in the eye, never losing eye contact.
"You bet it was coincidental and not planned honey". Immediately, her outlook changed as she turned rose red and blinked unconsciously a few times before shyly looking into my eyes.
"So do you have a girlfriend?"
"No" was my reply.
"Do you want one?"
Even the other reporters were shocked as the whole attention focused on us... This was getting interesting... So I held her hand together with the mic she was holding and spoke into it, still not losing eye contact...
"I have a wife"...
"What's your favorite color?" She asked flirty and I whispered...
"Your eyes" bringing a smile to her face
"Gosh! He's so handsome!" Someone screamed from the crowd and everyone chipped in while my female reporter still froze on her spot, still staring at me and with that I walked into the company, the press still wanting to ask questions... Thank God for bodyguards.
Every staff in the company lined out to welcome me and I was really honored, in turn, I greeted them which got them surprised... Did I do something wrong or was I not supposed to reply? But everyone seemed older and more experienced than I was except for the young ladies and men who were either my age or I was older... I walked into the elevator and went up to the last floor and there an old lady was struggling with some office files and equipment, she was trying to lift them up but nearly fell with them, so I quickly went to help her out before the bodyguards could stop me.
"You shouldn't be lifting things like this ma'm, I'll help you with it".
"Thank you son, my back was killing me. God bless you".
"Thanks ma'am, so where's your office?"
"Down there" she pointed to one across the room and I had it dropped on her desk before leaving to see D, though everyone seemed shocked and surprised but I think I won their approval... Even my bodyguards took a min to stare at me.

I guess they were expecting a bossy boss, I wasn't trained like that but things tend to get out of hand when I am angry...
"I see you like her... On your first day of work you're caught on camera flirting!" She said with a TV remote in her hand immediately I got into her office.
" And it's with no doubt that Mr Zac Skylar is indeed a faithful husband" said the newscaster on air and I smiled as I watched the expression on D's face, she tends to be really cute whenever she's angry.
"You were saying?"
"Idiots!" Was what she said and turned off the TV.
"No more flirting with reporters, not that I care but if you're going to, do it with no cameras on, OK?"
"Are you encouraging me to cheat?"
"That is absolutely none of my business Zac".
Seriously, what is wrong with her?
"And before I forget, your office is on the 2nd floor, it's all yours and Bella would be your assistant".
She rang and a really pretty blond lady with brown sparkling eyes and a freaking gorgeous figure stepped in.
"Bella, you would assist Mr Zac over here with whatever he needs".
"Yes ma, nice to meet you sir" she said and I smiled.
"The pleasure is mine, by the way you look gorgeous". She blushed and smiled
"Thank you sir and you look cuter in person". It was my turn to blush as I scratched the back of my non itchy head and giggled.
"You guys done?" That was D, totally forgot she was there.
"And Bella... He's my HUSBAND, understand?"
"Yes ma". She said immediately.
"Good, now go prepare him for the meeting we have at 3, it's almost time and run him down on his schedule, OK "
"Yes ma" and with that we left.

For two weeks now, I've been working my ass off in the company and believe me when I say I saw everything, the good, the bad, the ugly, the dirty! I receive anonymous phone calls from ladies who want something from me which I can never be a part of... Some are just trying to set me up for a juicy story...