Chapter 6

But they don't know that I've lived in the streets...
I barely have time to sleep, same with D, we're always on the laptop every night until she falls asleep and I tuck her in bed and these days I use this opportunity to observe her and Damn! She was beautiful! Her wavy long brown hair which was always packed in a bun came loose as she lay on the bed peacefully like a baby. She had a pretty smooth oval face that felt like silk under my fingers as I traced out her rosy cheeks. Her always furrowed eyebrows were relaxed and her cute small nose made tiny cute noises as she slept, the long beautiful lashes served as a shield to her beautiful eyes as they spread out lovely.  She moved her lips and for a moment I froze up, her full red lips were the exact replica of the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden.... It was the type you wish to kiss everyday if you got the chance... Gently she flung her eyes open and asked in a tired little voice...
"What time is it?" Her green eyes glowed like that of a curious child, making her even more beautiful!
"Go back to sleep D" and she gently went back to sleep. I watched her sleep like the beauty she was, all that beauty engraved into a beautiful body...

   Diana's POV
I just finished the last touch of makeup for the dinner party/ business meeting Zac and I had to attend. He was one of the biggest name in the world of business, Sir Greg Knight, who was a family man with an only child, Linda, a rich spoilt brat who the father would do anything for. He insisted I bring my husband in order to close the deal else I'd lose a huge sum of money. I tied up my hair in a tight bun and with tears almost dripping from my eyes I slipped into my heels I've been on heels for the past one week and my feet hurt like hell and I can't put on flats in this dinner gown, I'd look terrible and Ava insisted I put it on to impress Zac like I care! With one last look at the mirror I stepped out...

I stepped out and saw everyone, and they all stood in admiration of me, but someone caught my attention... Zac Skylar!
I can't believe I'm the one doing this but I just couldn't stop staring at the piece of art before me. He wasn't dressed business like but at the same time it was not party like... I mean it was just right! He was in a dress shirt that stopped mid way his thighs with a high collar and the first three buttons open, a thin long gold necklace with a key signet that never left his neck, night black pants and an immaculate white snickers, his pitch black hair was still wet from the shower and shone like the night. He stood apart from everyone operating his phone with his earpiece plugged in and chewing gum slowly, he had one hand in his pocket while the other operated his phone. He stood lazily with his legs slightly apart and his head hung over the phone, like a model on a set. I never imagined that I would ever drool over a guy but I seriously could not stop myself. When did he get this handsome?
Then he looked up and saw me and my world froze!
I watched as he slowly took out his earpiece, his whole focus on me and very slowly... He took his time like one savoring a delicious food to check me out, Usually I feel irritated whenever men look at me that way, but not when he's the one ... I felt so freaking special that I forgot the pain in my feet. I watched the movement of his eyes from my feet up my body and back down.... Gosh, I got goosebumps. He bent his head slightly to get a better view and slowly, he walked up to me as I descended from the stairs until we were just a few inches away.
"You look like a piece of cake with a side candy" he said in a playful- matter of fact whispered voice that sent blood rushing to my brains and I couldn't help but chuckle. God! I love his voice ,my subconscious mind screamed like a little girl.

He stared at me as if something was missing, then he did the unexpected... With his left hand he pulled a shocked me closer to him that we were just two inches away from each other with my two hands on his chest. And with his right hand he reached behind me and undid my bun while staring into my eyes and NEVER BREAKING EYE CONTACT!
My heart was acting funny, it kept pounding uncontrollably, like it was looking for something, what was happening to me?
Finally the bun came off and my long hair fell backwards, down to my waist and some fell to the side of my face...
"God! You're so beautiful" he said in a terribly low deep voice filled with emotion that my breath hitched in my throat, making it difficult to breathe. I felt shivers run down my spines and the position I was in wasn't helping matters! My palms were still flat against his chest and his arms around my waist but funny enough I didn't want to let go cos it felt like where I should be. I felt his breath on my face as we still held each other's gaze... Gosh this guy was so damn handsome!! How on earth didn't I notice it? His eyes are so damn beautiful that you can see the stars in them. My eyes drifted to his lips and I felt funny cos I just so badly wanted to...I looked away but I caught Zac staring and saw him swallow and that made me swallow too, as I looked up at him he was still staring but quickly glanced at me before returning to my lips as I licked them unconsciously and heard him groan as his grip tightened around me.
"Don't do that" he whispered, his eyes never leaving my lips.
"Do what?" I whispered breathlessly with my eyes also on his lips. Suddenly, he started moving closer to me and I closed my eyes to feel his lips on mine...

"Sir we're ready to go" came the voice of the bodyguard, and immediately we disentangled and I tried to regain my lost self composure, same with Zac.

Then I remembered that people were actually around me and that was when I saw Ava move like lightning and nearly strangled the bodyguard together with grandma and Zac's mum.
"You sick son of a..."
"Do you know how hard it is to get a kiss from those two? You..."
"You're going to your grave this instant if that is not done tonight!!!"
"Go ahead with what you're doing sweethearts, we totally understand, we'll handle the intruder"
I watched them drag Zac's bodyguard to God knows where and the fear written on his face was unmistakable...