Chapter 14

Zac's POV
I woke up the next day with a smile on my face as last night's memory flashed through my mind and I turned to search for that person but... She wasn't there! I sprang up immediately to look for her. I searched the whole suite but she was nowhere to be found. What on earth is happening? Where is Diana? I called her line several times but it didn't go through. I called Ava who told me that she left on the first flight! Now I got so confused, why? Did I do something wrong? Why would she do such a thing and won't even tell me?
"Did she tell you why?"
"No... She just said that she made a huge mistake last night... That was all. But that's a first... She never makes mistakes, maybe she has too much work to do".
"OK thanks" and I cut the call. I've never been this broken, a mistake?... So I was a mistake? God, it stung! I really like her but she thinks I am a mistake... What we shared last night, a mistake? But I felt it in her, that she liked me... Then what is this? I never knew a woman could make me this miserable! Someone I really like... And what mistake was she talking about? We shared a kiss, maybe we went a little too far with the kiss... But I was not the only one, she's guilty too! But that was it! I'd never touch a lady unless she let me, and we didn't do anything! We really didn't, even though it was so hard but I had a lot of respect for her and didn't do it to avoid problems like this or making her feel embarrassed over it...Now what is the cause of this? I had to find out so I took a flight back home.

"We need to talk"
"We have nothing to talk about".
"Why are you doing this? Did I do something wrong?"
"I'd appreciate it if you let me do my work..."
"Is it about last night? I..."
"Last night was a MISTAKE ZAC!!" She said, breaking me the more. I know I heard it from Ava but hearing it from D hurt so bad...
"Kissing you was a mistake?"
"Yes it was..."
"Even if I like you?" I cut her off staring into her eyes and she paused...

        Diana's POV
Those words rang not just in my ears but in my heart. Zac likes me?
"You what?"
"I said I like you Diana, I like you a lot!" He said again, shaking my heart...
"Leave Zac, I don't want to discuss this anymore, I don't like you" those words came out unintentionally and immediately, I regretted saying it, the look on Zac's face was.... God! He looked broken as he lifted his face and looked me in the eye with all the pain he felt and just like that it vanished and it became expressionless and unreadable, somewhat cold... With that he smiled and said, "Sorry for bothering you with my feelings" and just like that he left and I felt a huge weight in my heart with every step he took. Why do I feel like I made a terrible mistake?
I just didn't know what to do! I've never had anyone confess his feelings for me so I was so confused! I really like him, but I just didn't know if it's the right thing to do. He makes me feel so weak that I want to totally depend on him but... All my life, I've never depended on anyone, so it feels so strange but I still don't want to lose him. My heart wants him so bad that it's aching so much but my head won't let me be! I can't fall for him...
Who am I kidding? I've already fallen for him, a long time ago! This was the reason I left before he woke up cause my heart couldn't handle it, WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO?

I came back late at night and stepped into the house when something hit my nose... Cigarettes! Who the hell smokes in this house? I ran to the sitting room and the sight before me was unbelievable!
ZAC SKYLAR... Smoking? I was so shocked that I stood rooted to the floor. When I found my voice, I saw him take a swing from the bottle of whisky that was almost finished!
"ZAC!" I screamed but he only turned and looked at me through a cloud of smoke coming out of his nose.

Gosh! He looks so good doing it that it almost looks like a movie scene. He was in black, A plain black singlet and  black joggers with a pair of black footwear... His tattoos were visible and his gold chain dangled from his neck giving him a bad boy look, it's really weird but I loved the way he looked, I mean look at him! Every damn thing looks good on him! But still I was really concerned...
"What are you doing?" I asked as I tried to come closer but the smoke was suffocating and I was coughing seriously.
"Why are you doing this? What is wrong with you? Do you want to get your liver burnt?..." I kept ranting but all he did was stare at me while puffing out smoke from his mouth and nose with an expressionless face.
"Did you even hear what I said?"
"You done?" He said and with that he stood up and left.
"Could you help me clean that up?" He was talking to a maid he met on the stairs who just nodded.
"Thanks baby" he said, making her blush, her face a tomato red as he walked up the stairs... 
Baby? How dare he call another girl baby?
What on earth am I thinking?
...
"He only drinks when things get tough but when he smokes... Something is definitely wrong and he can't handle it but seriously wants to forget it all, especially when he's hurt".
These words kept playing in my head after Steve, Zac's brother, told me over the phone when I called to talk to him about Zac. I couldn't sleep at all as I kept tossing around in bed. I looked to my side and found it empty, that was the couch he always slept in and it felt so empty without him. It was 2am but I couldn't sleep a wink and I know Zac can't too without me, so I wore my flip flops and went downstairs gently and just as I thought, he was seated on the sofa, head upwards, hands apart as if begging for sleep to come... I felt so bad for him till my heart went out to him maybe I made a mistake....

I slowly went back upstairs and went straight to the couch and lay down. It smelt just like him but it was so uncomfortable! How on earth did he sleep in this?
.
The next day...
I was just about to step out of the room when I barged into someone before I fell, Zac!  He was fully dressed and that confused me, where was he going so early in the morning? He coughed slightly as if to remind me of something and that was when I realized that I still had my hands on his chest and quickly removed it, only to lose my balance and was almost falling when I felt his arms gently grab me with my stupid hands that were suddenly addicted to his chest, my eyes never leaving his face as we maintained eye contact and for a minute the memory of our kiss at the hotel came flashing through my mind every single way he kissed me and my face turned red...
"Diana!!!" I heard him almost screaming.
"Yes"
"I've been calling you for close to a minute now, just what were you thinking?" He said. If only he knew.
"N... Nothing!" I said.
"Then, can you let go of me?" And that was when I realized that I was still holding on to him...Stupid hands!
"I'm sorry" I stammered and gently let go.
"I'll be going on a business trip to England and will be there for about a month".
Those words were like bullets to my soul, a whole month!
"I'll be going then".
"At least have breakfast"
"Don't have the appetite"
"Can I see you to the airport?"
"It's OK, you don't need to". I really felt hurt and he wasn't helping matters, one thing was for sure... I was really going to miss him, so bad! I watched as he left and a tear nearly left my eyes and I have absolutely no idea why I felt this way
"Keep in touch OK"  he gave a slight nod and left. It was a very sunny day as I watched him drive out with his bodyguards and assistant in two black cars from the window.

     Lily's POV
I took off my shades for a better view, it really was him! My Zac, I didn't know he was the one my company was in partnership with.
I watched him being greeted by everyone, something I never imagined would ever happen! He returned the greetings politely, he was still his humble self just that this time, he commands power! He had this powerful aura around him. I knew he was a fine man but right now, he was on fire! I mean how can a human look this good?
It was my turn to greet him and God! I felt so small...
"Good day Sir"
"Good day to you too" and we exchanged handshakes. And that was it! Just like that? That wasn't what I was expecting. He didn't even act like he knew me... He's totally changed from the Zac I knew. Throughout the meeting, I only had my eyes on him as was every lady in the meeting, I doubt that anyone was listening cause all eyes were on him, an eye candy for all. It makes you wonder how a person can be so fine! Like Damn!
He had an unreadable expression on his face, the perfectly carved eyebrows were slightly raised, his perfect jawline was visible for all to see, as he turned slightly. My baby looks so good!
"We call it a wrap..." That brought back everyone's attention and we all stood up to leave.

Right now, I am standing in front of Zac's hotel room. It's 8pm already but I don't mind, I was given a file with a lot of work to give to Zac the next day but why not tonight? I adjusted my dress, it was a short evening gown that was revealing at all the right places, but it was all covered up in my coat... I had my make up properly done and my hair styled just for this purpose.
Knock knock!
"Who is it?"
"Lily" there was silence and then I added quickly
"The company sent over some files to you" I knew he wouldn't just let me in... Then I heard click sounds and the door was  opened, I walked in shutting the door behind me. ..