051

ni-ki takes a deep breath before getting inside the headquarters. he sees sunghoon sitting on his usual seat, alone.

he walks up to the older without hesitation while sunghoon notices him, his eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

"good day, nishimura. good to know you still remember this org."

ni-ki didn't respond. instead, he handed out a piece of folded paper to him.

"that's my resignation letter. i'm not going to be a member of this club anymore."

sunghoon stares at the paper in front of him. silence enveloped the room before he takes the letter, putting it inside the small drawer under the table.

"i don't accept your resignation." sunghoon clicks his pen, "i'm not letting you go, not until you're done with all the unfinished business you have here."

ni-ki frowns, "what? you can't do that—"

"i definitely can. it's all stated in the handbook, statement 6 under the University clubs and organizations policy." he smiles at riki.

sorry, i can't let you do that. i'm supposed to help out my friend.

"...fine, i'll submit all my remaining pubmats and portfolios tomorrow." ni-ki sighed, feeling defeated.

he wanted to quit the club because he didn't want to see sunoo and make things uncomfortable. he doesn't know if sunoo is also affected, but he's making sure that he won't put the older into an awkward and difficult situation.

it will be better for the both of us if we don't see each other in the mean time.

"okay then, i'll wait for that." sunghoon spoke while his eyes were glued on his laptop.

ni-ki didn't respond back and just turned away. he was about to go out when the door opened first, revealing sunoo who just seemed to finish his class.

their eyes met for a few seconds but riki was quick to avert his gaze somewhere else.

sunoo could swear he felt something punched his gut when he saw how the younger avoided him.

"good morning..." ni-ki hears sunoo muttering softly.

he was expecting riki to at least greet him back, but the latter just walked past him. sunoo froze as he watched the freshman walk out of the door.

i didn't know it would be this painful.

"you okay?" he heard sunghoon ask but he didn't bother answering. he sighed as he sat on the couch.

i need a drink.

+++++++++

jw ✌🏻 @yinyang tweeted.

currently watching this bitch's dress rehearsal for the play 🙄 slay ig @hiyyihglow 💅