❄️ 41 ❄️

Mason

I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked down the street, my nose a little cold.My phone has been vibrating in my pocket for like twenty minutes, but I haven't looked at it at all. I know it's Ryker trying to
make up some bullshit excuse as to why he cheated on me, but I don't want to hear it.

I decided to pull out my phone and switch it off completely, so that I wouldn't have to be bothered with all that ringing and buzzing.

I finally made it to where I was going after about twenty minutes of walking, and I walked right in.
"Um?" Was all Kelsy said as I walked in. I looked at her, and she must've been able to tell something was up, because her expression immediately softened, and she turned back around, minding her business.

I waltzed up the stairs, right to Darren's room. I opened the door and he was laying on his bed with his headphones in his ear.

He peeked around his phone, sitting up quickly when he saw me. "Mason! What're you doing here?" He asked, tugging his ear buds out of his ears.

"Ryker.." Was all I could say. Anything else and I would literally fall apart.

"What? What happened?" He asked, standing up. I just shook my head, walking up to him and slamming my lips on his. I need something to distract me from the heartbreak. And this is the
best way to do it. He kissed me back instantly, but the kiss didn't last long. He pushed me away lightly, looking down at me.

"Mason what's happening? I mean, I'm totally not mad at it but I'm confused." He said.

"'Just shut up." I said, leaning in to kiss him again. He let me kiss him, but once again it didn't last long.

"Why are you being like this?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked.

"You know what. Tell me what happened with Ryker." He said sighing.

"Why can't you just shut the fuck up and go with it. You were so desperate to fuck around before but now that I'm actually agreeing to do it you want to complain?" I snapped, crossing my arms.

"Usually I'd be all for it, but it's not for the right reasons. Mason. What happened?" He asked, softer this time.

"Nothing! Nothing." I said, leaning in once again. He
grabbed my shoulders, stopping me.

"Darren. You're such an asshole." I grumbled.

"Please tell me what happened." He said. I sighed, feeling my lip quiver as I thought about it. I shook my head, looking away from him.

"Did he do something to you? Did he hit you?" He asked, his eyes going dark.

"No, he didn't hit me." I said quickly.

"Then what? He was with someone else?" He asked. I nodded, trying to keep my tears on lock. Even with Darren saying it, it's so hard to believe that this is happening to me.

"Are you serious? With who? Why?" He asked.

"I don't know Darren! I just. we were having a sicep over with his stupid ass childhood friend and me and his sister left for like a minute and I came back and they were all over each other I didn't want to believe it. I thought he loved me.." I wailed,covering my face. Darren pulled me in for a hug, letting me cry. I
had to let it out, because if I didn't I felt like I was about to explode.

"Sorry." I said once I finally calmed down I pulled  away, wiping my eyes.

"It's alright. Have you talked to him?" He asked.

"No, when I first caught him he was all stumbly and
chattery and his pupils were dilated. I don't know if he was drunk or what." I said.

"That. doesn't sound like drunk to me." He said.
"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"When have you ever seen someone drunk and their teeth chattering? And why would he be drinking and not tell you?" He asked.

"I don't know Darren!" I said groaning. "I wasn't thinking, I was just upset!"

"Did he pour you alcohol too?" He asked.

"No he didn't even...pour the drinks." I said slowly. He didn't even pour the drinks, Riley did. I swear to God...

"Have you talked to him?" He asked.

"No, I turned off my phone because he was blowing it up." I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I turned it on, looking at all the missed calls. But they weren't from Ryker.

I dialed back quickly, putting the phone to my ear. What the fuck is going on?

"Hello?"

"Mason what the fuck! I've been trying to call you for a half an hour!" I heard Rachel's voice say, and she didn't sound okay.

"What's happening Rachel?" I asked.

"Ryker's in the hospital. He had a fucking seizure." She said, her voice cracking.

"He what?" I said, signaling Darren to follow me, mouthing to him to grab his car keys. A seizure? Are you kidding mel If any of this is Riley fault, I'm going to jail.

"He had a seizure after you left. He's still on the hospital room and they won't let us see him." She said.

"Don't worry, I be there in ten." I said, hanging up the phone. "He's in the hospital."

"Why?" He asked as we walked out the front door.

"He had a seizure." I said in worry. How, how could he randomly have a seizure? Is he okay? Will he die?

"Hurry up, we have to get to the hospital quickly." I said as we got in the car. Darren nodded, starting up the car and backing out of his driveway.

The whole ride there I was a nervous wreck. I don't want him to be hurt, I don't think I could take that emotionally. I'm also feeling really guilty. I know I didn't do anything to him, but I should've known, I should've said something when I noticed him acting strange. I should've picked up the phone.

"Hey, what're you thinking about over there?" Darren asked.

"I should've picked up the phone Darren! If I wasn't being such an emotional ass baby and had my phone on I could've—"

"Don't blame yourself for that. You couldn't have known he was poing to have a seizure Mason. All you can do now is be there for him when he needs you." He said. He's right. I need to calm down. Being all worried and nervous isn't going to help me. I need to stay calm for Rachel and Ryker.

We finally made it to the hospital and I jogged inside, leaving Darren behind. I immediately saw Rachel and Ryker's mother sitting together, but no Riley.

"Mason!" Rachel said, getting up. I walked up to her giving her a hug.

"Hey Rachel." I said as she took a step away from me. "Are you alright?"

"Kinda. It was just. really scary to see him on the ground like that. And Riley she...she just left She didn't say anything, she just ran out the house!" Rachel said.

"Where is she now?" I asked.

"She's at her house I'm guessing." She said shrugging. That dumb bitch, she wants to act like she wants him so badly, and when he needs help she runs out on him? What a friend.

"Did they say what's wrong with him?" I asked her.

"No." Her mother said, walking over to us. "He's been in there for a while and I don't know what to do."

"I'm sure he'll be okay." I said to her, but I couldn't even believe what I said myself, Having a seizure isn't a joke. But I know Ryker, he's a fighter, and he'll push through this. He'll be okay, he's going to be okay.

He has to be.