❄️ 44 ❄️

We walked up to the hospital room, but I stopped in my tracks when I got to the door.

"What're you doing? Go in." Rachel said.

"I'm scared." I admitted, squeezing my phone in my hand. The last time I saw him we had an argument, and we broke up. Not officially, because I never said it, but it was inferred.

"Mason, he wants to see you." She said, grabbing my wrist. I bit my lip, shaking my head a little bit and letting it a little breath.

"Okay." I said. She nodded, dragging me in the room with her as she went in. I braced myself, preparing for the worst.

We walked in and he was sitting up in the bed with his arms crossed. He turned and saw us, his face lighting up.

"Rachel! Mason! Hi!" He said, lifting his arms to wave, then winced, putting it back down, Rachel giggled, running over to her brother and hugging him. I stayed where I was, biting my lip.

"Easy Rachel." He groaned, but laughed still.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, are you okay? Are you broken?" She asked, touching his face.

"I'm fine Rachel, just super sore. Like, I've never been this sore before in my life." He said, rubbing his arm.

"Why are you sore?" She asked him.

"They told me about the seizures, and seizures are just your muscles spasming all at once, and I had more than one so that's why I'm sore." He said shrugging, then hissing.

He then looked at me, smiling lightly. "C'mere Mason." He said. I walked up to the side of his bed, looking at him. I have this strong urge to cry, and I don't know why

"I remember everything that happened, it's a little blurry, but I remember the important parts. I'm so sorry, you must've been so hurt." He said, grabbing my hand. I nodded, biting my lip. I was, but it doesn't matter anymore, now that he's okay. That's all I care about

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked, looking up at me.

"No." I said weakly, fecling a tear slide down my face. "I can never stay mad at you."

"Why're you crying?" He asked, lacing our fingers together.

"Because I just I was just thinking that the last thing that happened between us was bad, and I didn't want that to be the last thing I said to you." I said, wiping my face with my free hand.

"Hey, it's okay. " He said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I know I know, trust me these happy tears." I said. He smirked, pulling me in for a kiss. I broke the kiss, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, despite him being so sore.

"I'm sorry, I love you so much and I never want to break up ever." I said quickly. It felt so good to get that out.

"I love you too." He said chuckling.

"Do you remember mostly everything? Because I kinda wanna hear this from your petspective." Rachel said, cutting in our little moment

"Yeah." He said, looking at her but not letting go of my hand. "When she gave me my drink it tasted the same as usual, but I just felt weird after I drank some. When you guys were sitting there I started to feel weird but wasn't that bad, it was just a little blurriness. Once took my pills though and you guys left it got worse I got really hot and horny. When Riley pushed me down I couldn't really think for myself, I was kinda just moving on my own That when Mason burst in." He said, looking at me.

"I tried to follow him, but I could barely walk straight. He said all those things to me, and I was half hurt and half confused, because I didn't really know what was happening at the time. Once he left and I went back in I felt terrible. That's when you came Rachel and I just passed out. Next thing I know I'm awake in here." He said.

"Did they tell you how long you were out?" I asked. He shook his head, looking a little concerned then.

"It wasn't super long, but it was two days. That's why we were so worried." I said.

"Oh damn." He said. "That's kinda scary. I feel like I was just asleep for like five minutes."

"Well ya weren't." Rachel said. Just then their mother walked in with a nurse following behind her, smiling,

"Oh thank God." She said, walking up to the bed. "How are you feeling baby? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay mom, just really sore." He said smiling lightly.

"Okay Ryker, you seem to be in good shape." The nurse said, looking at a clipboard.

"When can I go home?" He asked, making her chuckle.

"You can go home today sweety, we just need your mom to fill it a few release forms and you're free to go." She said.

"Alright, I'll be right back." Their mother said.

"I'm coming with you." Rachel said. She sent a wink my way before leaving with her mother and the nurse, leaving us two alone.

"Have you heard from Riley?" He asked, his face suddenly dropping.

"'No, we went banging on the hoes door yesterday, but she didn't answer." I said. He chuckled at that, kissing the back of my hand.

"Whatever. Fuck her." He said. I smiled, laughing a little bit. Oh. how good it feels to hear those words come of his mouth.

"Oh fuck, I kissed Darren after we fought." I said quickly. I can't forget to tell him this time, he'd be pissed if he found out later.

"I figured since you stormed off like that, you were pretty mad." He said.

"I'm sorry. " I said.

"It's fine, we're even now." He said. "But just so you know, when I feel better one hundred percent, I'm fucking the shit out of you."

"W-What'" I asked, my cheeks feeling hot. I'm a little
shooketh, did he just say what I think he said?

"You heard me. So be ready. " He said casually.

"But-" he growled, cutting me off with a kiss, I grabbed his face, deepening the kiss some more. This is dangerous, if I get too riled up in here and they walk in that'd be super embarrassing.

I pulled away, looking at him, both of our breathing ragged.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, even though I feel like that's not the last time you're going to say that today." He said chuckling.

"It's not." I admitted. Just then they all walked back in, Rykers mother smiling,

"Alright, let's take you home!" She said, clapping her hands.

"Actually, can you guys leave again for like five minutes, I need to get dressed." He said, tugging at his lite hospital dress. "These things are backless."

"Oh yeah, okay." She said giggling. I got up to leave with them following them out of the room to the waiting too. After about five minutes Ryker came to the waiting room, smiling.

"Ready?" He asked, stretching his arms above his head. We all left, me getting in my car and the three of them going in his mother's car.

I followed behind them to Rykers, and once we got there we all went into the living room.

"I'd love to stay and hang out with you kids but I gotta go back to work. I'll see you guys later." His mom said, giving all three of us a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"Did my mom just kiss you?" Ryker asked chuckling.

"Yup, I'm part of the family." I said. He smiled, leaning back into the couch and relaxing. I smiled, just happy that he was here next to me, that I don't have to worry about him anymore.

He's okay, and everything can go back to normal.