Epilogue

Everything changed after Celeste cursed the kingdom. Hearts turned to glass and people who were secretly suffering from different heartaches eventually died. They were helpless. They couldn't stop the cracks creeping inside their hearts. They couldn't prevent their hearts from shattering even if they tried to fake how they truly feel, even if they decided to finally give up on love.

After the incident of Celeste's death, everyone was afraid to leave their homes. Some were afraid to interact and accidently find love. Everyone in the kingdom was in turmoil and because of that, the kingdom's borders were forced to be closed from the outsiders.

All trades were cut. All merchants were banned from entering the Kingdom of Glass, without them knowing the real reason why. No one was allowed to get out because the royals were afraid that this confidential and dire issue would be leaked.

For everyone, this was a matter of life and death.

As the kingdom's king, Steve was forced to act, and was pushed around the corner to find a solution as soon as possible. Because of the panic caused by the curse, he decided to discreetly call trustworthy mages, sorcieres, witches and even warlocks. But to everyone's dismay, no one could find a solution and an answer to Celeste's last words.

But despite all the things going on in the palace, it was not enough for Steve to distract his mind, to keep his mind from Celeste's death. He couldn't forget about his regrets. With an awful feeling on his chest, he found himself at Woodcrest, at the forest where Celeste died. In front of her grave, carrying a pot of red roses.

Guilt seeped in his heart. He regretted how he let her suffer on her own. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. He was a coward for not fighting for her. It was his fault that this misfortune befell her. Perhaps, if he didn't approach her, if he didn't want her, she would still be alive, living her life without breaking her heart, without losing her child.

And if only Steve prevented her exile, she wouldn't be helplessly burnt to the ground.

There was no time for self-blame but it was clearly all his fault. He was a coward. Even though he was a king, he failed to protect the one that he loved.

With a heavy heart, he knelt on her grave, where she was burned alive, placing the pot of red roses Celeste always loved. There was nothing left but ashes and the burned ground. But something caught his eyes. Steve saw something glinting under the pile of dirt so his hands dug the ground.

His eyes swell in tears after finding a heart made of glass. Steve could still feel its faint heartbeat. It had little cracks on it but not totally broken.

Celeste's heart. Celeste's heart turned into glass.

At that very moment, Steve finally understood the curse Celeste uttered.

He finally knew how to break the curse but he couldn't bring himself to destroy Celeste's heart. He cried in despair as he gently held her fragile heart. Cracks formed in his heart. He could no longer bear the pain of losing her. But his heart somehow still managed to survive.

When his emotions finally settled down, he dug the ground and buried her heart together with the red roses he brought with him.

"I know you're still there. You're not yet gone and you're still mad. We will bear your wrath. And this is the only way to atone for our sins. I won't interfere. But when you're finally ready to forgive us and let go, please allow everyone to be freed. I love you. I know it's already late to say this but I really love you. Please forgive me for being a coward."