𝐓𝐄𝐍

One month skip

One month skip

Jamila's pov
________
home

After I left Brooklyn to go home, I started to ghost Namil. He tried texting me a few times on insta but I never answered. He did nothing wrong but I just was afraid to face him after we kissed. What was I gonna say to him anyways? Over the past month, I have been focusing on school work but Chrismas break was coming up so I could finally get rest. This Christmas my mom wanted to spend it in New York but I surely wasn't tryna run into no Namil. Of course, my mom forced me to go though I was fine with house sitting.

"So what's y'all plans for Christmas?" I say to Sev and Woods on facetime. "My mom tryna come with y'all to New York." Sev says as I nod and laugh. "Yeah, they was just on the phone..Maria what you doing?" I look at Wood's camera box as she shrugs. "I'm not sure, my mom got a business trip so I won't be doing much but opening the presents I got." She says as my mom walks in the room and I turn to her. "Ma..can Wo-I mean Amaria come to New York with us?"

‧₊˚ ✩

"My suitcase is to damn heavy." I mumble to Woods as we try to carry it in the car. "Jamila..watch yo mouth..you not grown yet." I hear my mom say as Woods and I finally put the suitcase in the truck. "Sorry ma." I suck my teeth and get in the car, going to the third row seats. "Maria, text Sev and ask if her family getting ready to leave too." I say to Woods as she gets in the back and we share a blanket. I cant wait to get my sleep in during this long ass ride.

After we got on the road, I started to shut my eyes and sleep until I felt my phone buzzing against my leg. "Nigga get your phone." Woods says as she taps me a few times. "Bruh..who on my phone like this?" I take my phone out of my pocket and open it.

November 16th 6:16 pm

slump6s: yo

slump6s: Jamila?

December 1st 1:00 pm

slump6s: the ghosting is wild.

slump6s: wake yo ass up

December 20th 9:53 am

slump6s: Wes said u comin to ny ?
slump6s: on my birthday too? 🤭

Luvjmm: oh hey, yeah I'm there.

slump6s: nigga u actually answered.
slump6s: so you tryna come out?

Luvjmm: Not you missing me 🤭
Luvjmm: ill try and see but idk 🤷🏾‍♀️

Luvjmm:   Not you missing me 🤭Luvjmm: ill try and see but idk  🤷🏾‍♀️

"Damn Mila..Ian know that's what you meant when you said you haven't answered the nigga." Woods says as she looks over at my phone and I snort. "Yeah, I still feel bad but..you know I wasn't tryna face him after that sh-" I start to cuss but shut my mouth once I see my mom eyes in the rear view mirror. "But yeah..you get it." I mumble to Woods as she starts laughing.

I started to wonder if I would actually see slump in New York. My mom never really told me what part we would be staying at but I know I have family out there to visit. Hopefully, I could find some way to sneak out the Airbnb and visit slump but I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind.

Namil's pov
________
home

After staying in New York with the boys, my mom was on my ass about getting school work done so of course I was doing that along with dropping some songs. I tried getting in contact with Jamila but we never talked after the kiss, I didn't think of it that serious since we were both geeked but I guess she thought different.

For Christmas, I wasn't doing much but staying with family. Since my birthday was December 20th, Wesley came from Atlanta to visit me which I didn't mind because my mom also loved him. While we were listening to beats in my room, he started to talk about how Woods and Jamila were coming for the holidays. That shi got me a little excited so..I decided to try and text Jamila one more time. Of course this time she actually answered.

"This her first time answering in like a month." I mumble as Wes starts laughing and sits back. "Yeah, I bet." He says while we play another beat, nodding our heads to it. "So what Mom cooking for Christmas dinner." Wesley says as he puts his hands together. Keep telling this nigga that's not his mom but he ain't listening to me. I just ignore him for the time being.

I was really just worried about if Jamila was gonna actually come out. She could have just answered so that I could stop blowing her shi up. Hopefully, she would come out at least once so I could figure out why she's been ghosting me. I know it's about the kiss but other than that, I just wanted to see her. I'm not gonna lie, I missed her.

854 words