Meeting again

~~~Loki's pov~~~

It was the night of the party, and I was seriously considering not going.

I've never been one for socializing.

"Brother!" Thor called from behind me in the long hallway.

Speaking of not socializing.

"Yes, Thor? What is it?" I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"You are coming to the party tonight, correct?" He asked, clearly hoping for an answer I was not going to give.

"No," I said simply before walking away again.

"Oh, come on! You never know. You might meet someone there." He tried to persuade me.

"No," I repeated, still walking away. I didn't need to meet anyone.

If there was anyone I would like to see there, it would be Catherine. I don't understand why she intrigues me so much. She's different, I suppose.

Thor caught up with me, much to my annoyance. Does he not know when someone wants to be left alone?

"So, you've already met someone, have you? Who is she?"

~~~Thor's pov~~~

Loki may have been a trickster, but I've known him all his life. I know when he's hiding something. And right now, he's refusing to go to the party because he wants to go with her. Whoever 'she' is.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, still walking forward, but I could see the truth in his eyes.

"You never know, brother. She could be at the party." I shrugged and walked away.

~~~Loki's pov~~~

I stopped for a moment to think about what Thor said.

Could she be at the party?

Why not give it a shot?

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

I'm so excited! It's my first-ever Stark party!

My dad is super protective of me. In fact, it has taken me four years to get an assistant position here. With any luck, I'll be an Avenger by the time I'm seventy.

As for what I'm wearing to the party, I chose a forest green, floor-length dress that has a slit up the left leg. The cut of the dress was a little low, but I can work with it.

My mom died when I was a baby, so I didn't have many people to guide me when it came to dresses and makeup

My mom died when I was a baby, so I didn't have many people to guide me when it came to dresses and makeup. Pepper has really helped me throughout the years. You have no idea how much.

I was sad when I found out she wouldn't be attending the party. She's the only one who knows who my dad is, so I find it easy to be around her.

I mean, there are a few other people who know, or knew, who I am, but they're all either enemies or dead enemies of my dad and me.