Klau

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

After what happened at the party, the team decided it would be best to get some rest before pursuing our hunt for Ultron.

Sadly, my mind didn't get the message, and no matter what I tried, I could not fall asleep!

Turning over on my side, for what felt like the millionth time, I tried to pinpoint what my brain was so occupied with that it couldn't find the time to sleep.

The answer was simple. My mind was filled with thoughts of the raven-haired god I had danced with three hours prior.

There's just something about him... I can't describe it. Although, I am surprised that I can even manage to think about him when earlier tonight, my heart felt like it was going to explode.

It was so strange. Over the past few days, there's been this feeling in my chest. Like something in me, that wasn't there before finally clicked into place.

Come to think of it, the feeling started right after I bumped into Loki on the street. Could he have anything to do with this?

I shrugged off the thought. It was silly.

But this feeling has been plaguing me all damn night. It wasn't really noticeable when I was getting ready for or teleporting to the party. The second I entered that place, my heart started hammering inside my chest, and I couldn't think straight.

Maybe that was why when Justin Hammer started to dance with me, I didn't take the usual Catherine Stark approach and kick him in the nuts.

And when I started dancing with Loki? Forget about it. I thought I was in cardiac arrest. I could barely manage a few sentences! I must've looked like an idiot...

The feeling dissipated when Dad pulled me into the hallway to talk to me and came back when I went to sit with the team to spend time with them. Granted, it wasn't as severe as when Loki and I were dancing.

Now that I think about it, the more I talked to him, the more the feeling lessened.

Starting to finally make some connections, I went back to my thoughts earlier. He actually might have something to do with this. Maybe more than I realized.

Groaning, I turned over again, trying to get comfortable enough to fall asleep, but failed.

"Might as well get up now..." I sighed, kicking off the heavy blanket and swinging my legs over the side of my bed.

Looking at my alarm clock, I saw the time read 3:30 a.m. Lovely.

Rubbing my hands over my face with exhaustion, I used my magic to change me into my training gear.

Whenever I was overwhelmed or frustrated with something, or someone, I would train. It helped me keep my skills sharp, but it was also a nice way to let out pent-up aggression and stuff that makes me want to murder certain people from time to time. Mostly my dad.

And can you blame me?!

The man just created an AI that wants to take over the world! And kill us!

Now, imagine having to put up with stuff like that for twenty-two years.

It's no wonder I'm always so tired and run down.

Seconds after getting into my workout outfit, I teleported down to the training room for what I like to call Punching Bag Therapy.

~~~Loki's pov~~~

I couldn't sleep. I tried everything, and yet I still could not fall asleep.

That cursed feeling in my chest was keeping me awake. That feeling I had no words to describe.