Hela

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

I felt my heart start to race as what looked like a green and black cloud began to form a few yards in front of us.

"Uh, Loki..." I tried to gain my husband's attention as the cloud got bigger, becoming more and more portal-like.

Both Loki and Thor turned to the strange phenomenon, guards up.

Just then, a woman stepped out of the cloud. She had long black hair and she was wearing a skintight black and green suit that was ripped up in several places.

What the hell?

"Who is that?" I glanced at Loki nervously, my grip tightening around the dagger he had given me.

She just smirked and looked around, seemingly content with her surroundings. "So, he's gone?" She raised a brow with a slight smile. "Shame, I would have liked to have seen that..."

Who? Odin? What does Odin have to do with this?!

"Who are you?" Thor questioned, moving forward.

The woman feigned surprise before letting out a sarcastic gasp. "Ah, so he never mentioned me?" She faked a pout. "Oh well, I assumed he wouldn't." She rolled her eyes, now a combination of annoyed and sarcastic. "I am Hela; Odin's firstborn, heir to the Throne of Asgard, and Goddess of Death."

WHAT?!

Shock fell over Loki, Thor, and I as we took in this new information.

That son of a bitch had a secret daughter that no one knew about?! And she's the Goddess of freaking death?!

That feels like something that he probably should have discussed with the family.

Based off of Loki and Thor's reactions, I could tell that Odin had never mentioned her before. Like, ever.

"She's Odin's daughter?" I turned to Loki ever so slightly, trying to keep my focus on the new threat in front of us. "Did he ever mention-"

"Not once. But we are talking about the same man who pretended I was his son for over a thousand years, so it isn't entirely surprising." He spoke in my mind, shock still evident through his sarcasm.

Thor then stepped forward, his grip around his hammer ever present. "I am Thor. Son of Odin." He introduced himself, trying to be civil.

She just raised a brow. "Really? You don't look like him."

Of course he doesn't. He has two eyes.

"Perhaps we can come to an arrangement." Loki suggested, stepping in front of me to block me from her line of sight.

"You sound like him." She pointed at him with a small nod.

Alright, there's no need to be cruel.

She then turned to me, looking past Loki and straight into my eyes. "And you are?" Her eyes scanned my body, lingering for a moment on my left hand where my wedding and engagement rings were and then looked to Loki's left hand, and saw his ring as well. "Never mind. I have my answer."

That's not ominous at all.

"Kneel."

I internally laughed at her words. Yeah, no. You try kneeling at almost seven months pregnant. You won't be getting up for a while, I'll tell you that much. Not without help at least.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said kneel before your queen." Hela smirked, gesturing to herself and then made a long black spear materialize in her hand out of thin air.

My eyes wide, I took a step back cautiously.

This wasn't going to end well.

Thor, however, was not getting the memo and decided to throw his hammer at her.

Mjolnir was stopped by the goddess's hand before it could even reach its target.

Not good. Not good.

My panic levels started to rise as I watched the scene play out in front of me.

Thor kept his hand outstretched, trying to call his hammer back and failing miserably. "That's not possible."

"Darling, you have no idea what's possible." She smirked before using her hand to shatter the weapon into a million pieces.

Holy shit! She broke the hammer! I didn't even think that was possible!

Lightning exploded everywhere as the hammer broke and Loki immediately put up a shield around us to protect us from the blast. Well, more me than Thor, but...

When the chaos died down a little bit, I watched as Hela ran her hands over her head and a creepy headdress appeared along with two spears and starts stalking toward us, her eyes aflame with murderous intent.

She was absolutely terrifying.

And that was before she threw one of her spears into my shoulder.

I fell to the ground, crying out in pain as the spear made contact with my shoulder, ripping through the flesh, muscles, and bones as if it were nothing.

She made a comment, looking at Loki as she spoke. I couldn't hear what she said, the pain debilitating me completely.

I was vaguely aware of Loki running towards me and then a column of bright lights appeared in front of him and just like that, he was gone.