Escape

~~~Catherine's pov~~~
~~~The Raft~~~

"I'm coming for you. Just hang on."

The sound of Loki's voice jolted me awake.

Harsh lighting and unfamiliar walls hit me first—that, and the bars that lined the bulletproof glass in front of my cell.

I have got to stop overdoing it like this! This is the second time I've woken up in a strange place after passing out from excessive magic use.

"Guys! She's alive!"

Huh?

I looked out past the barred glass door and saw that Sam, Wanda, and Pietro were in cells as well.

"Hey, Cat. How are you feeling?" I heard Clint ask from the left side of the cell.

I guess he and Scott are on either side of me.

There were three empty cells on the other side of the room, undoubtedly reserved for Loki, James, and Steve. Meaning they haven't caught them yet.

Let's hope it stays that way.

"Just peachy." I groaned, putting my hand on my throbbing head. "So, how long have I been out for?"

"Not long. We just got here like eight hours ago." Sam shrugged. "Glad you got your beauty sleep, Tinker Bell."

"Oh, ha ha. Any new developments? Do they have a location on the others?" I asked, leaning against the back wall of the cell.

"Nope. Not one. They're only really searching for Cap and Barnes, though. Loki should be in the clear."

I sighed in relief. At least my last efforts to teleport him away weren't wasted.

~~~Three hours later~~~

Almost everyone was asleep. I wasn't not sure about Scott or Clint since I couldn't see them, but Sam, Pietro, and Wanda were all passed out.

"Anyone awake?" I called out softly, playing with the sleeve of the green sweater I had on.

I couldn't teleport because I was too weak, but I could still use other aspects of my magic, like changing my appearance and my clothes. The blue prison jumpsuit was terribly uncomfortable, so I thought why not?

Also, the green color reminded me of Loki. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him.

"Yeah. It's just me." It was Scott.

"Can't sleep?"

"No. My guilty conscience is keeping me awake. You'd think an ex-con would have no problem falling asleep in a cell." He chuckled sadly. "I shouldn't be here. I should be at home with my daughter-"

"Cassie." I interrupted, smiling.

"How did you know her name?"

"One of my abilities is reading minds. I scanned yours the second we met. She seems like a sweet kid."

"She is. She deserves a better childhood than this. I promised her we'd have a movie night with my...friend, Hope, tonight."

"Friend, Scott?" I raised a brow, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Friend, more than a friend, partner; honestly, I'm not sure what we are! It's complicated!"

I laughed at his response. "Relax, Scott. I get it. And as for Cassie, she's lucky to have you. Look, I don't have a daughter, and I probably never will, so I can't speak from experience, but I know that my dad screwed up a lot, and we still got through those rough patches."