Space?!

~~~Phil's pov~~~

I was suddenly standing in front of a gaping hole that led to what looked like space. Like outer space.

Alright, what the hell?! 

I was just swallowed by a monolith, and it took me to space?!

This must have been how Jemma felt...

Looking around, I noticed that it also looked like time was frozen because three other people were suspended in midair. That's not weird.

I got a gut feeling to hold onto something, so I grabbed a metal bar, and not even a second later, time returned to normal, and there was a tremendous vacuum leading out of the hole.

One guy couldn't hold on and flew out.

What the hell is going on?!

The suction got more powerful, and I gripped the bar tighter, trying not to get sucked into the void.

One of the remaining guys slammed their hand on a button, and the window sealed.

I fell to the floor, gravity being restored, and watched the two men.

"Are you out of your skull?! What the hell are you doing, blowing the damn window?!" The guy wearing the orange jacket asked the other man.

"It's called improvisation." He retorted.

"You suicidal? Do you want to be a vacancy?"

Vacancy? What's a vacancy?

"I couldn't see another way to kill that thing. We're safe now, okay? Quit howling."

"The other guy I hired isn't safe. He's frozen in the vacuum of space."

So we are in space. Noted.

"Yeah, well, I'll take his cut too. Relax. You can keep his rations."

Okay. I need some damn answers.

"Hi," I spoke up, taking them by surprise.

"What the hell?!" The second guy pointed his gun at me.

"Don't shoot. Thanks."

"Oh, my God." Orange jacket guy stepped forward, taking off his hat. "My God, you're here."

"That I'm slowly figuring out. Sorry, I think I might be a little confused."

"Disoriented, of course. It's quite a journey. I didn't know how'd you travel here, but I knew it wouldn't be first class." He looked at me in disbelief. "You're here. Agent Coulson of Shield. You've come to save us."

Um, what?

"Yeah, just to clarify, where is here, who is us, and from what?" I asked, this guy throwing me off guard.

How did he know my name?

Then I heard something that sounded like a creature screeching.

The other guy groaned and started to push us out of the room. "Move! Let's go! Is this the whole shipment?"

"No! Where are the others?" Orange Jacket asked me. "You weren't the only one to travel through, were you?"

"I don't think so. I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked in reference to the abnormal noise I had just heard.

"The gravitational flux must've messed with your entry. We gotta wait for the rest of them, okay?"

The other guy started to get angry at that. "You'll have to triple my tokens to get me to stay a minute longer." He walked to a door and opened it for us to walk through. "If one of those roaches gets us, you'll pay me to shoot you in the head."