Back To The Lighthouse

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

The gravity storm continued to ravage the Zephyr, and the situation we were currently in continued to ravage my mind.

Apparently, Voss wasn't an ally, and neither was his crew. Robin, however, was.

While Loki, Jemma, Fitz, and I were preoccupied in the lab with the time machine, Voss had knocked Deke unconscious, attacked and stabbed Robin in the stomach, and his explanation for all this was, wait for it, he wanted to kill all of us because he was afraid that if we succeeded in going back to the past, we'd destroy the world.

He was going to murder every last one of us...

"You alright?" Loki asked me as he sat beside me in the front of the Zephyr, where I had been contemplating all of this new information.

I sighed, burying my face in my hands. "Well, I am just realizing that the reason Voss wanted to keep me out of the room you were in was because he was planning to kill you. If I hadn't shown up and teleported him away, he might have killed us both." I let out a shaky breath, knowing there was a good chance I could've died right then and there.

"I figured that..." He sighed as well, taking my hand in his. "But he didn't. And he's locked up now. He won't get a chance to do any more damage than he's already done."

"It's not just that," I continued, squeezing his hand that covered mine. "But I need to think about something else. Could you fill me in on who that Flint kid is that May and Coulson keep talking about? May said that Robin told her that he's the key to us going back."

He nodded, understanding my need to change the subject. "He's a young Inhuman we met before escaping the Lighthouse. His ability is controlling rocks. My best guess is he can rebuild the monolith that will take us back."

My eyes widened in surprise. "There's a kid who can control rocks?"

"Yes. Oh, and I thought you'd like to know, Grill is dead." He delivered the information while trying to hide some satisfaction.

My jaw dropped. "No. Are you kidding me? He's really dead. How?"

This was amazing! Grill is gone for good-

That's when a new thought dawned on me.

"Loki," I stared at him seriously. "Please tell me you didn't."

"I didn't." He raised his hands in surrender, a hint of a smile still on his face. "I mean, I wanted to, but no. That was Flint. Grill was killed by a giant boulder to the head."

I let out a breath of relief. I didn't want him to have any more blood on his hands. Especially not because of me.

Just then, Enoch walked in, Phil following close behind. They seemed to be in deep conversation about something.

"We must wait out the intensifying gravity storm. By my calculations-" The Chronicom started, but Phil cut him off.

"It'll last for weeks, and we need to evacuate. Yeah, you've been saying that. Kind of on repeat. And we don't have weeks."

Damn right, we don't. By the time this storm blows over, I'll be so far into my pregnancy that I'll basically be incapacitated. We don't have that kind of time.

May entered the room next, clearing out more of Robin's things.

I know her death hit her hard. But we didn't have time to mourn. We had to get out of here.

"Alright, the question remains. What are we going to do with Voss? He's clearly dangerous, and he's already killed someone. I don't think that cell will hold him for long."