Can we skip to the good part?

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

I yawned as I woke up from my nap. I've been taking a lot of naps lately, and they always leave me feeling refreshed. The mornings are a different story. That's when I feel nauseous.

Today was one of the worse days, but it passed after about two hours.

I stretched my arms out from under the black blanket covering me and yawned again.

I hate when that happens. When you just can't stop yawning over and over. Especially when I'd just been sleeping on the couch for three hours.

Playing with the two rings on my left ring finger, I got up and folded the blanket, draping it over the arm of the couch.

My eyes wandered around the small living area in the cabin and landed on a picture on the mantle over the fireplace.

I smiled at the photo portraying my dad walking me down the aisle.

I can't believe it's already been five months since then. And over two years since the Avengers split.

I miss the team. I really do.

I haven't seen any of them since Germany. Well, minus my dad. I try to see him as often as I can, but there's only so much you can do when you're an international fugitive.

Phil and the Shield team? Forget it. The last time I saw any of them in person was when Ward did a number on me. And that was only Phil.

I would try to contact them, but this cabin is usually under radio silence. It's for safety reasons. We can't risk anyone finding this place. Even more so now that new developments have come to light.

Speaking of which...

"Loki?" I called, stepping away from the mantle.

No response.

I rolled my eyes. He must be reading. That's the only reason he wouldn't answer.

I teleported to him, crossing my arms.

My gaze softened when I saw him sitting back in our shared bed, reading an Asgardian book.

He looked so happy and content...

Ah, what the heck? I can't stay annoyed with him.

"Hey," I said softly, climbing into bed next to him and leaning into his side.

He put the book down and smiled at me. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked, putting his arm around me.

"I am now. The nausea subsided. That nap helped. So, what are you reading?"

"One of your favorites, actually."

"Really?" I smiled happily. "Could you read it to me?"

"Of course."

As he read about ancient Asgardian fantasies and fairytales, I couldn't help but think about how lucky we were. How many things had to take place in order for this to happen.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" His voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just lost in thought."

"What are you thinking about?"

"How this all started. I mean, do you realize that none of this would have ever happened if my dad didn't decide to send me out for coffee that night?"

"Is that so?"

"Well, yeah. If you hadn't met me on the sidewalk, you would have never had any reason to cut in when Justin Hammer was dancing with me. I would have been another random woman at the party to you." I explained.