Strange

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

Since teleporting wasn't technically an aspect of magic harmful to me or the baby, Loki could safely teleport us home without any major consequences. Teleporting on my own was another matter entirely. We still hadn't tested it out, and with Jemma telling me to stay on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy, we thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

To say that I was glad to be home would be an immense understatement. I was thrilled.

"I have never been so happy to see this place in my entire life." I smiled happily, standing in the middle of the living room we had teleported into. "I am so glad to be back." I sighed, resting my head on my husband's chest. He just wrapped his arms around me and held me closer.

"The feeling is most definitely mutual." He smiled back at me and pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Now, I don't know about you, but all I want right now is a delicious home-cooked meal, and then to get some much-deserved rest afterward." I looked up at him innocently with a small smile.

He just raised a brow and smirked. "Is this your way of asking me to cook?"

"Possibly." I kept my innocent smile in place before laughing slightly. "Hey, can you blame me? I haven't eaten any decent food in over a month and a half and your cooking is by far the best I've ever had."

It was true. Loki was actually an amazing cook.

Notice the use of the word cook and not baker.

Because he cannot bake to save his life, which is an area that I happened to excel in, so it evened out because I sucked at cooking.

He just chuckled, backed away, and pointed at me. "Oh, now I know you're lying."

I gasped in faux offense. "I'm not lying! I..." I trailed off when a circle of yellow fireworks appeared on the floor where Loki was standing. "Loki..." I stared at the odd phenomenon, taking a tentative step back.

He followed my gaze and upon seeing the fireworks, his eyes widened.

"What's going on? What is that?" I asked, now becoming a bit nervous.

"I don't know-" He was cut off when the circle opened up, creating a large hole and making him fall through before closing again.

What the hell?!

"Loki?"

Forget relaxing, my stress levels were about to be through the absolute roof!

Upon closer inspection of the floor where the fireworks had been a moment ago, I saw a small piece of paper on the ground.

"Oh, come on! Seriously? One break! One!" I let out a small yell of pure frustration.

My heart hammering inside my chest, I managed to crouch down and pick up the small paper, which was no easy feat at almost seven months pregnant. "Alright, my husband was kidnapped by a magically appearing firework portal. Awesome." I looked down at what seemed to be a business card in my hand, confused by its inscription. "Well, I guess I'm going to 177A Bleecker Street."

I just got back from an apocalyptic future, an underground bunker, and a month and a half of pure hell. Is it so much to ask for just a small moment of freaking peace!?

Instead of getting the rest that Jemma insisted I needed, I was going to go to this random address to find my kidnapped husband.

Joy.

I sighed in exasperation, using my magic to reluctantly teleport myself to the address, Loki's dagger firmly gripped in my hand.

Alright, I know I'm not supposed to be using my magic. I know. But this is an emergency.