25

"I don't wanna fight." Puck stated as he handed Quinn her drink and joined her at the table. "So let's talk."

"Let me drink my drink." Quinn replied, sipping the vodka.

"Let's talk." Puck repeated. "About anything you want."

"Fine." Quinn said. "My mom called me earlier."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"She saw something about us online." Quinn explained. "I told her we're dating and I'm in L.A. to be with you."

Puck nodded slowly.

"She wants to meet you." Quinn added. "I said you're busy with work, but eventually, we'll figure it out."

"Well, when that excuse doesn't work anymore, at least this'll all be over." Puck noted.

"Yeah." Quinn said, sipping her drink again as she looked at Puck. "Did your mom ask about me?"

"No." Puck responded. "My mom doesn't pay attention to me or my stuff. Sarah and Jake asked about you though. They said they wanna meet you at some point. I told them we'll see what happens."

Quinn nodded and finished her drink before ordering another one.

-

Quinn and Puck loosened up with each drink as the night went on. They were laughing together and genuinely having a good time.

"Can I ask you something?" Quinn asked.

"Sure." Puck nodded.

"Do you think after this is all over, you'll get a real girlfriend?" Quinn wondered.

"Probably not." Puck shrugged. "What are you gonna do after this?"

"Well, I have a ton of auditions, so I'll probably book something." Quinn noted. "Besides, I'm sure you'll forget all about me."

"Never." Puck promised. "I'm sure you'll book something and get a real boyfriend in no time. And then you'll forget about me."

"Never." Quinn repeated. "Do you think you're ever gonna settle down?"

"I don't know." Puck answered. "I kinda like the whole rockstar thing I have going on."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"I guess it depends." Puck shrugged. "What about you?"

"I'm gonna settle down some day." Quinn swore. "With a hot husband and a kid or two."

"You want kids?" Puck asked.

Quinn nodded. "I always have."

"You would be a good mom." Puck told Quinn.

"What makes you say that?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"You've done such a good job with me." Puck teased.

"Shut up." Quinn rolled her eyes as she nudged Puck. She finished her drink and looked at him. "We should get out of here."

"Yeah." Puck agreed, finishing his drink and getting up. "I'll close our tab and then we can go."

"Thanks."

-

"All set." Puck said, putting his arm around Quinn.

"Ready to go outside?" Quinn asked.

Puck nodded slowly, and led Quinn to the door. As they got closer to the door, Puck felt nervous. He took a deep breath and stopped.

"Are you okay?" Quinn wondered.

"I need a cigarette." Puck decided. "You want one?"

"I'm good." Quinn shook her head. "I'm gonna use the bathroom before we go. I'll meet you outside."

"Okay." Puck replied. He watched Quinn walk away, instantly feeling relief. He headed outside and lit a cigarette, taking drags of it to calm himself down.

Shortly after, Quinn came outside, and Puck's nerves returned. He tossed the cigarette to the ground and looked at her. "H-Hey."

"Hey." Quinn said as she walked over to Puck and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Puck asked softly.

"Working." Quinn whispered.

"I don't see any cameras." Puck noted.

"That's the point." Quinn responded. "But trust me, they're here."

Puck nodded slowly and took another deep breath as he wrapped his arms around Quinn's waist, pulling her closer.

"As convincing as we can." Quinn reminded Puck.

Puck nodded again and closed his eyes as he leaned in to kiss Quinn.