29

"Quinn!" Santana exclaimed as she and Brittany piled into the car. "Happy birthday!"

"You look so pretty, birthday girl!" Brittany added.

"Thank you." Quinn smiled. "And thanks for coming. It means a lot to me."

"Of course." Santana grinned. "Now let's pregame."

"Why don't we post-game?" Puck suggested. "We're going to a nice restaurant, and then we're driving around L.A. for a while. Plus, we have to wait for Mercedes and Sam."

"Fine." Santana said.

-

Shortly after they got to the restaurant, Puck got a text from Kat. He excused himself and went outside to call her.

"I'm out to dinner." Puck told Kat.

"I wanted to give you some news." Kat stated. "About your tour."

"Good news?" Puck asked.

"The big cities are selling pretty well so far." Kat told Puck.

"Could've put that in a text, Kat." Puck noted.

"That's not all." Kat said. "The thing is, this can either go really well or really poorly."

"And?" Puck wondered.

"And if it goes really well, there will be talks of an international tour - Europe, Asia, maybe even Australia." Kat explained.

"That's good." Puck said. "Why are you concerned about that?"

"I'm not concerned about that." Kat clarified. "If the tour doesn't sell well on the other stops, we have two options. The first one is to cancel the tour and refund-"

"I'm not canceling anything." Puck interrupted.

"If we cancel, it'll be much harder to do a tour again in the future." Kat told Puck.

"I'm not canceling." Puck said again.

"The other option is to make it a co-tour." Kat finished.

"A co-tour?" Puck repeated. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It means we bring along a person or a group to elevate sales." Kat responded. "To make it a combined tour."

"We're not doing that." Puck told Kat. "And we're not canceling."

"Not yet." Kat said. "But I need you to be prepared in case. And in the meantime, keep up everything with Quinn."

"I will." Puck swore. "And if it has to become a combined tour, do I at least get to pick who joins me?"

"We can discuss it." Kat replied.

Puck exhaled as Quinn came outside. "I gotta go. We can talk about this more if the time comes."

"Okay."

Puck hung up the phone and looked at Quinn.

"You're missing my birthday." Quinn stated.

"That was work." Puck explained. "Kat said if my tour doesn't sell, I have to cancel or combine it with someone else."

"Really?" Quinn asked. "I'm sorry."

"I'm so sick of busting my ass and my team not handling their part." Puck hissed. "I mean, plenty of rockstars get to live however they want and still do fine. Why can't I?"

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Quinn offered, trying to calm Puck down.

"You're not my girlfriend." Puck reminded her.

"I know that." Quinn stated. "And I know you're pissed, but you don't get to take it out on me. I'm the one who's trying to fix the bad reputation you've been priding yourself on for years."

"Whatever you say, princess." Puck muttered.

"Stop calling me that." Quinn said.

"Okay." Puck replied. "Princess."

"It's not my fault that you're so irresponsible and a shitty person." Quinn added. "So I don't really care about your tour. In fact, I can't wait for it because that means I'm done with you."

"And what are you getting out of doing all of this?" Puck questioned Quinn. "Attention? Publicity? Money?"

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"You said you're not phased by this. Why?" Puck demanded.

"You're an asshole." Quinn responded as she walked away and went back inside.