Long Awaited Zekefest

Zekefest

ZEKE:

I blinked rapidly, staring Topher down, knowing I hadn't heard what I thought I had, I mean, that would be....madness! Splitting my soul in half? Only being able to be half of me? Wait....my own consciousness...would the me I am now disappear? Would this me be the human me? Or the vampire? Or would this consciousness...dissipate?

"T-two of me? But...I mean...w-which one...would be the real me...who I am now?" Was it just me, or is it seriously getting lightheaded in here?

"No." Blair said flatly, grabbing my arm and yanking me so that I landed with an audible thump against his chest.

"That would mean you didn't have to share me though, Blair" I looked up at him, smiling thinly, trying not to show how terrifying the idea of it really was "...no more vying for my time...no more having to see me with Tristan...you'd have me all to yourself...I mean....right?" Good sweet baby corn, can I get one damn sentence out without a million pause?!

"I love you for who you are now, both sides of you...plus human or not, I know fear when I smell it. You look ready to faint at the very idea of this, much less going through with it. On top of that, what would you tell your mom? 'Hey mom, no you don't need your eyes checked, there's two of me now!' So, only one of you would get to come home? The human? The vampire? And where would  the other Zeke stay? I mean, any of us would take him in but, wouldn't that be hard to explain? Suddenly there are two of you and our human friends would wonder where your nega-twin came from, right?"

"The other me could cut and dye his hair, wear contacts and lose the piercings, dress different or whatever, sure we'd look a lot alike but I don't think anyone would think it was supernatural or think we're twins or hatever, I don't think....just strange, and human Zeke could move in with Tristan, his dad is never home and we could fake documents and say he's a transfer student, I speak french so faking a french accent would be easy for him, he could 'struggle' to learn english..." I trailed off as my mind filled in the gaps, this was truly crazy enough to work.

"Would you only be doing it for us though?" Blair ask quietly.

"I'd be doing it for all of us, it's been less than a week and already all of us are ready to kill one another..." I murmured, stroking Blair's chest.

"But aren't you scared...?" He whispered.

"Terrified...Topher, take me to the Coopers. I want to get this over with and...and to not have a chance to overthink this..." I kissed Blair quickly and passionately, fusing to him for a few hot seconds before ripping myself away. "I'm my human self right now and just...ya know wanted ny human side to get one last kiss before...I mean, if this goes badly..." I shook my head and ran, grabbing Topher's hand as I went. "Jack and Tristen left for school already right?" Topher nodded, looking uncomfortable, no doubt not loving the plan right now.

'You'd do this...for me?' Nega-Zeke ask in my head, able to read my true thoughts. *Aren't you tired of only being half of yourself? Never truly feeling like you belong anywhere?...Cuz I am.* I replied. It wasn't fair of me to dampen his vampiric nature or for him to make me feel predatory whenever I was upset... 'T-thank you...worm' Nega-Zeke chucked affectionately in my head right as we entered the house.

"Did you...um, tell him Chrissy, dear?" Mrs. Cooper ask, flittering nervously around the kitchen. I nodded silently, clinging to Topher's hand. "Well then...I better get my husband..."

"Zeke...are you really sure about this?" Topher whispered, rubbing circles with his thumb into the hand he was holding.

"I'm sure we can't go on like this. If I do the selfish thing and refuse this...then blood will wind up on my hands, one of them will eventually kill the other..." I shrugged, not knowing what else to say, and thankfully Mr. Cooper made an appearance then, saving me from saying more.