Let's Play Catch Up

GWYN:

Mr.Cooper and Jack came in right as Tristan and I were going to kiss again—a dangerous move after mummy Cooper had caught us and loped Tristan upside the head, declaring I'd been a girl for less than a day, he'd no business trying to get in my ''bloomers'' quite yet. We jumped apart like the guilty teenagers we were, but Mr. Cooper nor Jack noticed and my hormones were quickly forgotten after seeing their enormous haul. I'd never seen so many boxes and bags in my life! And I was from quite a rich family myself, so splurge shopping was nothing really new to me, but this was simply ridiculous, and everything was designer—I nearly felt sick thinking of the number of comas and zeros that had to be attached to the expense of this trip... "I hope you like everything and that it fits!" Mr. Cooper said cheerfully, setting down no less than half a dozen bags from some boutique or other. "Chris gave us your sizes over the phone and Jack and I were out getting your shoes anyway, now stand up,sweetie, lemme get a look atcha! I kinda covered my eyes soon as you popped out what with the, erm..." he gestured at his own chest,still smiling, totally unashamed as I stood while he looked on like I was The Spirits That Be's gift to mankind and wolfkind alike. He covered his mouth, tears welling in his eyes as I did an awkward twirl then a clumsy curtsy. If only I'd had kept my vampiric grace as a human! "Ooh....aren't you just a vision...Amber and I tried for years after Jack, hoping to have another one...prayed for a little girl...who knew..." He trailed of then took hesitant steps towards me, pride and love shining in his eyes and just then, I knew just how badly I had always ached for a fathers love...my old man, he wasn't really the touchy feely type even during the good times. This man clearly was aching for the affection I could offer him and the dam I'd never known was in me broke open in a flood of tears and a half-sob, the men in the room jolted in alarm, all hovering within feet of me, not sure what was the matter or how to handle me.

"Do you really mean it that you want me?" I ask, staring at the large man in front of me, honestly, he looked more like a bear shifter than a wolf with all his bulky muscles and I couldn't help but see him as a teddy bear.

"Are you kidding, Gwennie? I'm praying you'll accept me as a dad! Praying you'll let us be your family!" he said earnestly.

I launched myself into his arms, not even making him sway, "Papa!Of course I will!" He folded in on me, somehow holding me like porcelain and hugging me to bits at the same time.

"I guess that makes you my little sister then, eh, Gwennie?" Jack asked, stealing me out of his—our father's arms, holding me high and making me giggle.

"I suppose so, Jack, I hope it isn't too large a disappointment no longer being an only child..."

"You kidding? I'm going to absolutely love being an overprotective big brother! However I now have terribly mixed feeling about your mat e being my best friend...it's gonna be hard not breaking his hand every time it wanders past zones I approve of..." He shot Tristan a look that said he was half kidding—only half.

"What's with all the bags though? You really went out and bought out everything in my size didn't you?" I ask, trying to wiggle down to inspect their haul, which covered a good quarter of the floor in the living room, impressive in this size of house, ANY sized house, really.

"Not all of it is clothes and shoes, speaking of, you and mom are gonna have to go out again later to get...well...items that we just didn't feel comfortable getting for you. Not picking them, and didn't wanna know the sizes." Jack's speech cut short as he looked anywhere but my chest. I looked down at my unbound chest and shrugged. I suppose I did require some support in that area. "Anyway, we also got some tech things we thought every girl needs, a cell, a laptop, some mp3 thing and a speaker, a big screen, Blu-ray-DVD player...oh! Stuffed animals, Chris says they're essential for every girl, some jewelry that looked cute, head phones, some of those memory foam pillows,those bag things that girls go nowhere without, and hats, with your cute guy face, we just knew that the girl you would look just too cute in some hats and bows and stuff...Gwennie? Sis, are you breathing? Sis?!" Jack looked alarmed as he sat me down in front of papa, I shook my head before they could freak out too bad.