Chapter 6: "Can We Talk in Private..?"

"I understand. Now may I ask you of what exactly happened in the bedroom with you and Vinny? The mood sort of changed after you both entered the room." Austin flicked his pen while waiting for Vinnae to tell their story. All you're going to get is lies, Austin!!

     "Right. Well..Charlie ran up to Vinny and lied to them about me threatening him..Then...." Alright, alright. I'll spare you hearing it a second time. Blah blah blah sibling drama yeah yeah whatever.

     "I see.. now may I ask you if you saw anything last night when you were behind the plant?"

     "It was too dark..However I did see someone grab something from the counter I believe?"

     "Mhm..a cake knife?" Oh boy..this could be where Austin catches them in a lie!!

     "Unfortunately I couldn't make out anything, I saw a faint figure walking wearing something bright and I heard rustling." Smart move, Vinnae. I always underestimate them.

     "Right. Well thank you..I will question more people now. You're free to go- back to the living room that is." Austin closed his journal and set his pen down.

     "Thank you." Vinnae humbly smiled and walked out the door. Austin propped himself up, watching them leave. They grabbed their journal once more and jotted down a few notes, biting his lip.

     "I can't believe this." Lukey groaned. They sharply glared at Vinny, causing Vinny to turn away.

     "I'm really, really sorry, Lukey. I had no idea this would happen and if I did I would've shut this all down and kept you all safe. This is devastating. I can't even look at Vinnae anymore." Vinny frowned.

     Charlie paced to Vinny and smiled, holding the velvet box.

     "Charlie..now isn't the time.-" Vinny cried.

     "Please. Last night was a disaster. I want to do this properly." Charlie bent down again, gazing into Vinny's emerald green eyes, the light left them. They're just a dark green swamp with no sun. Charlie, cmon! Vinny is obviously not up for it man..

     "Charlie..-" Vinny started, but was interrupted by Charlie placing his finger on their lips, shushing them.

     "Vinny Hugo Viloca, I don't care if you're devastated or as happy as you'll ever be. I love you, rain or shine. You're the best person I've ever met..I want to spend my life with you." Charlie smiled and opened the box. "So..Vinny..Will you marry me?"

     "Can we talk in private..?" Vinny fidgeted their fingers.