Chapter 16: Austin Knows Too Much!

Trey glared at Austin, groaning.

     "It's not me! I swear.. I didn't mean to hurt Vinny- it was my emotions taking control! You have to believe me!" Trey turned to Jamila with tears in their eyes. Jamila glanced back, scratching her head.

     "...It can't be Trey..they were with me this entire time! It has to be someone else..," Jamila yelled defensively. Jeez, to be honest I still think it's Trey.. What about you guys?

     "Vinny was almost killed by a glass vase! Almost identical to the one that killed Alec!" Austin argued.

     "Are we forgetting that Alec was stabbed multiple times? That's kinda what killed him.. The vase just kinda finished him off," Elizabeth stepped in.

     "Well..you are right, but it's too risky to let Trey be here..they have the potential to kill someone, even if it wasn't yet proven that they have killed someone. Vinny was seriously hurt, we can't take our chances," Austin opened his journal and was ready to cast his vote when the sound of falling paper broke the silence. Everyone looked up to see another note gracefully falling to the floor. Austin bent down to pick it up when Elizabeth snatched it up first. She smiled at Austin and unfolded the note, reading it.

     "Sorry, Austin. I just think it would be better if someone else would read the notes from now on," Elizabeth cleared her throat. "There is one more thing- someone in this room knows more than the rest. It may or may not be suspicious...However, that person may seem more trustworthy to you than they really are.," Elizabeth showed the group the note.

     "That's suspicious indeed," Lukey took the note from Elizabeth's hands and read it to themself. "What do they mean by 'may seem more trustworthy to you than they really are'? And who is even sending us these notes?!"

     "Guys..," Vinny sat up from the couch. "I think they may be talking about Austin.."

     "What..? Why would they be talking about me?" Austin raised an eyebrow.

     "Just think about it.. Austin knows way more than we do..he had private interrogations with each and every one of us! Not to mention he claims to be a trustworthy detective who will 'keep us safe' when everyone he accuses has been innocent! I'm only guessing they're innocent because the murderer is still active," Vinny frowned and stared at Vinnae. "However.. You're still suspicious. I know you have something to do with this. Although Austin knows too much."

     Vinnae looked up at Elizabeth, who glared at Vinny.

     "Vinnae would never do this. Just leave them alone. They aren't linked to anything going on in this house!!" Elizabeth crossed her arms. Damn, I don't know who to believe anymore..Vinny made some pretty good points.. Hey! Doesn't Vinny have a head injury? Why are they acting so smart?

     "If it means keeping Trey safe, then I will vote Austin," Jamila stepped forward. She opened her journal and scribbled inside it.

     "I'm still voting Vinnae. You guys are idiots, going after random people," Charlie opened his journal.

     "I agree," Vinny did the same while rolling their eyes.

     "I'm voting Trey, although the accusation has some loopholes, it's the most logical! Plus, Austin is right.. Trey has the potential to kill someone, we just can't afford to risk that," Elizabeth sat down on the floor and scribbled in her journal. Vinnae and Lukey did the same.. same vote, same action.. I know it seems repetitive at this point.

     Another note fell on Lukey's shoulder, they picked it up and read it, "The person with the most votes is.. Trey." Lukey dropped the note and sighed. Trey groaned and stomped to Austin.

     "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DO YOUR SO-CALLED JOB RIGHT AND ACCUSE BAD PEOPLE?" Trey grabbed Austin's hoodie and pulled him closer. "This will be your LAST experience living. I WILL END YOU, MAKE NO MISTAKE! YOU'RE A JOKE, AUSTIN! A JOKE!! ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE FOOLS! THEY'RE CLOWNS!" Trey stomped over to Vinny and pushed the couch over. They scoffed and walked to Jamila. "Jamila..I'm so sorry.."

     "But you didn't do it.."

     "I know.. I'm sorry, I really am. These people are idiots."

     "I can't be here without you..," Jamila hugged Trey.

     "I have a confession to make, Jamila," Trey stepped back. "I hope you can forgive me.."

     "What is it..?"

     "I knew Cody was the one who humiliated John in front of everyone. I blamed Vinny for it because it was the best option.. I didn't want Cody to lose his reputation..he just got popular and he felt special..and I hated Vinny..so much. I wanted Vinny dead, expelled,... in jail," Trey wiped a tear from their eye. Jamila shivered, she stepped back from Trey and shook her head.

     "...No.. No you wouldn't! You're lying! You made me make up rumors for no reason?! You USED ME?!!" Jamila sniffled.

     "Jamila, please," Trey reached for her hand, yet she pulled away and threw her hands down. She scoffed and stomped away. "..I'm so sorry..," Trey frowned and backed away. The lights flickered out.. When they flickered on seconds later, Trey was gone.

     Vinny groaned in pain, on the floor. The room was silent, apart from that.

     "Please, excuse me. I need a moment..," Austin ran up the stairs. Charlie rushed over to Vinny and pushed the couch back up and helped them on it.

     "Are you alright..?" Charlie rubbed Vinny's head.

     "I'm fine-.. now follow Austin!"

     "..What...?" Charlie bit his tongue.

     "Don't you remember the note..? Austin knows too much!Follow him, he keeps running off to who knows where! After him, go!" Vinny pointed in the direction Austin took. Charlie looked around the room, silently asking who would come with. Elizabeth nodded and Lukey grabbed her hand. Elizabeth took Vinnae's hand and they dashed up the stairs, following Austin.

     Austin opened the bedroom door once more and peered at Charlotte. He smiled and stepped forward..However...

     "Ah, care to introduce us to your little friend?"