Chapter 10: Flick....Flick.

"Have you forgotten about me?" Lukey scoffed.

"Oh.. Yeah, sorry. I forgot you were here. What's your vote?" Austin smiled at Lukey.

"Well, I hate Vinny and everything they do. So I'm voting Lara." Lukey whipped out their journal and wrote down Lara's name. Jeez, petty ass.

"But Vinnae did it!!" Vinny screamed at Lukey. "Trust me..please!!"

"Blah, blah, blah. All I'm hearing is lies!" Lukey shut their journal and set it aside. "And why should I trust you anyway? It's all biased because you had a little disagreement with them!"

"You're being so hypocritical right now." Vinny rolled their eyes.

"I have a valid reason. Austin said it could be Lara! You're just mad at Vinnae because you had a fight. It's different."

"Seriously? Just submit your votes. You're acting like children." Elizabeth budged in, she gently pushed Vinny and Lukey apart. It's always Lizzy to break up a fight!!

"I already did. What about you, Vinny?" Lukey smirked and chuckled.

"I voted like 5 minutes ago. You're a little late."

"Whatever. Just stop fighting! We have to stick together."

"Right. Everybody have their votes submitted?" Austin asked around the room. Everyone nodded. Glad that's over..I thought things would escalate to be honest.

As everyone set their journals aside, a note flew from the ceiling and gracefully fell onto Lukey's head.

"What the hell?" Lukey took the note off of their head and fixed their hair. They gazed at the note. "Lara had the most votes."

"What..." Lara cried. "But I told you it's not me!!" She stomped and glared at Lukey and Austin. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"It's none of our faults, it's yours." Austin crossed his arms. Not even a moment later, the lights flickered..only once. When they restored shortly after, Lara was gone. She left no trace.

"Are you sure it was Lara?" Elizabeth stuffed her hands in her pockets.

"I believe so..she was the most suspicious!"

"Let's hope you were right...maybe we can escape now?"

"I'll check the door." Lukey jogged over to the door and yanked and pulled on the handle. "Agh. Nope, still locked.." They walked back to the group. "Is anyone else hungry?"

"Me!" Vinnae jumped up from Elizabeth's arms. Damn, I didn't even know they were cuddling!

"I suppose I am too." Elizabeth giggled.

"Want to go to the kitchen with me to make something to eat?" Lukey walked to the doorway.

"Ooh, yeah!" Elizabeth and Vinnae quickly followed them.

"Anyone else want us to make them something?" Lukey opened the door to the hallway.

"Me, I guess." Vinny looked up at them leaving.

"Nobody? Mk." Lukey closed the door and walked away. Vinny shrugged awkwardly.

Lukey stepped back into the main room, Elizabeth and Vinnae followed.

"They only had ingredients to make blueberry muffins." Lukey chuckled and set down the muffin tray on the table. They pulled one out and took a bite. "It's pretty good, kinda dry though."

"Dry? Like your personality?" Vinny covered their mouth to attempt to stop themself from laughing. Damn! Was that really necessary, though? You know what, I won't say anything.

"Do you guys hear something? It's like a little squeaking mouse..are there mice in this house?" Lukey took another bite of their muffin.

Vinnae grabbed a bottle of champagne and poured it into a glass.

"Don't let them drink that." Vinny absent-mindedly lectured them from across the room.

"Don't tell me what to do." Vinnae sipped on the champagne.

"You literally just turned 18.."

"You did too, I wasn't lecturing you for all those glasses you had last night."

Vinny's mouth shut, they turned away and muttered something under their breath.

Just then...

Flick....flick.