35. luxury

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗

╚═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╝

It has been a long day. Between the awkward first meeting between Enid, Carl, Ron, Mikey, and I, and my meltdown, I was exhausted. The moment Ron and Mickey asked Carl and I if we wanted to play video games I nearly exploded. Not because there was a working tv or because it reminded me of before the virus but because their idea of fun was playing video games where they shot at each other. Their video games were a reality, one Carl and I have lived, and yet they couldn't see that. I sensed Enid was also uncomfortable with the sound effects of men screaming and bullets flying but Ron and Mickey didn't seem to pick it up. I felt bad for her, she arrived here alone, she had to adjust here alone. No one here understood what it was like outside the walls, not like we did. 

I wanted to be friends with Enid. Our backgrounds were similar and I knew we could relate to each other. The problem was that neither of us wanted to open up to each other. She watched me tensely as I had my silent breakdown in the bathroom and covered for me but that was barely opening up to her. I feared that she hated me, thought I was weak because I was acting as much. I wished she would have saw me when I was out there. Something about being in Alexandria was tearing me down and I hated it.

 Another problem, Enid might be ready to open up before me. If she was ready to open up before me, I don't know if I could force myself to go along with it. With Ron it was different, there was some sort of chemistry there that allowed me to crack open under pressure. I wouldn't let myself fall to that again, not with Enid, not with anyone. I had little faith in Enid and I actually becoming close due to our hard shells. But she also didn't make a big deal out of me disliking the video games. Maybe there was a chance. 

Talia found a liking to Sam. I was relieved whenever she asked to stay longer at Jessie's to keep working on their blanket fort. Jessie fell in love with my sister, it was easy, everyone always loved Talia. Sam, Jessie, and Talia were collecting sheets whenever I left, I just asked Jessie to bring her home before dark. 

That left to me lay in my bedroom. The two houses that they gave us had more than enough bedrooms for all of us, the larger house had eight, the smaller house had six, it would have seven if they had finished the one room. Rick still didn't want us sleeping in different houses yet but during the day the rooms were free game. Talia and I opted to share a room, there was a walk in closet that would turn into Talia's room when she got a bit older and wanted more privacy. Until then, I had a queen sized bed on the right side of the room and she had a twin on the left. 

Rick decided that he would split who lived in what house, he kept all of the younger ones, Carl, Judith, Talia, and I in the big house with him, Michonne, Carol, Daryl, and Glenn and Maggie, the rest stayed in the house next door. Well they would stay there once Rick got over the fear that Deanna was trying to separate us.