Chapter 2

Sean

"They're on the way up," Sarah says as she stands next to me with her tablet in hand.

"Is everything set out and ready for us?" I look down at my suit and fix my tie for the last time. I'm so nervous about this meeting and just can't help but fidget.

"Yes, all devices are ready and the conference room has been laid out accordingly." I nod at her in response.

We both stand a few feet away from the elevator, waiting for our guests. Mister Muyang Zhao, president of Zhao Transportation in China, is coming in today with a small team of his for a meeting that I hope will go in our favor.

His company is one of the biggest and best train manufacturers in China and just about anywhere else in the world. They've recently started dabbling in bullet trains, also known as high-speed trains, which really captivated me and I immediately took a chance and sent out an email asking for a meeting and was granted one, and only one, so we can't mess this up.

The entire production team and I are prepared but very nervous about this one. If Knight Industries become Zhao Transportation's supplier then that will one for the books.

"Welcome Mister Zhao," he nods and smiles at me before taking my hand for a handshake. "This is my assistant, Sarah."
He smiles at Sarah and shakes her hand, then motions at the three people that have accompanied him.

"Sean, thank you for having us. This is Liling Wang, my head of marketing," he motions to the shorter lady whose hair is in a ponytail.

"Pleasure to meet you." I shake her hand with a smile and nod. Sarah does the same before he moves on to the taller lady with wavy black hair.

"This is Jasmine Li, my head of finance," he introduces her. We greet her before he finally introduces the very serious man in a three-piece suit. "And this is Dohai Pan, my head of production." Once all the greetings are done, we commence to the conference room where the meeting will be held.

"Everything has been according to your preferences, I hope?" I question.

"All has been well Sean. The hotel is amazing, the food, and let's not forget the tour of the city. Everything has been lovely." he smiles.

If I didn't respect Mister Zhao the way I did, I would probably have a problem with him addressing me by my name, but he's literally my father's age, and if not then older so it's okay.

We planned absolutely everything for his team and him. From the flight out of China to here to the hotel they're staying at and to the little itinerary, we planned for them. We want their short stay here to be comfortable and not just about business. They landed about two days ago and had the rest of the day to rest, they then went sightseeing yesterday, and today is the meeting. Since today is a Saturday, they'll have the rest of today after the meeting and tomorrow to make a decision then Monday we can have a final meeting and hopefully contract signing, and then Tuesday they'll be on their flight back to China.

"Please do have a seat." Sarah motions to the chairs laid out around the big table with refreshments at every spot.

Everyone is seated before we begin our presentation.

~~~

Bambi continues her meowing as soon as she sees that I'm out of the shower. She's been complaining to me about something, I'm guessing it's something that Bunny did while I wasn't here. This is almost a regular thing. She picks Bunny up with her mouth and drops her by my feet before turning and exiting my en suite bathroom and room altogether.