Chapter 15

Sean

Me: Do you have a map?

Genevieve: No??  What do I need a map for?

Me: For me.

Genevieve: Why?

Me: Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.

Genevieve: That's not only corny but also lame. You can't even see me right now and that makes whatever that pickup line or joke was even lamer.

I take a screen capture of a picture from her Instagram. It's a picture of her staring into the camera. Her hair is long, black, and wavy.

And just like the Genevieve I'm coming to know, she doesn't physically smile in the photo, no, she smiles with her beautiful dark coffee eyes. Even though I prefer her physical smiles, the way she smiles with her eyes is almost as beautiful as her physical so I'll my complaints to a minimum.

In the picture, her plump pouty lips are glossed and slightly parted and her almond-shaped eyes stare right at the camera. It's like she's looking right at me and if I continue staring then those cat eye eyelashes of hers will bat at me.

I send the picture and follow it up with a text.

Me: You were saying?

Genevieve: What are you doing on my ig?

Me: Ig?

Genevieve: Instagram!  What are you doing on my Instagram?

Me: I'm a very dedicated follower and commenter. But that's not what we're talking about here. My pickup line does work because I was staring at a picture of you. Right?

Genevieve: I don't know. I'm more concerned than 'picked up'.

"Sean—what are you cackling at?" I look up and am met with Sarah's confused face as she makes her way deeper into my office.

"Cackle," I scoff. "I don't cackle. I chuckle. Like a charming young man."

"That sounded like a cackle to me. And charming young man? I'd say do a double take in the mirror but I'm not one to bruise a young man's ego." she laughs at my blank face.

"Very funny, Sarah. Very funny. What's up?" I ask her before looking down at my phone and leaving Genevieve a text that we'll talk later.

"Mister Wu's assistant just called to say that they'll be ready for you the entire weekend. Mister Wu doesn't have any meetings this weekend so he'll be all yours." she smiles.

"That's great news. Please make the necessary arrangements for me, Sarah."

"Oh no. They said they'll sort everything out for you."

"Please let them know that you'll do it for me. I'll travel on the jet. Can you please book me a couple's suite for my stay there?"

Her eyebrows rise. "A couple's suite?" she smirked. "Definitely. I'll call them back and let them know I'm handling it." she cheerily says before turning to leave my office and shutting the door behind her.

Now I just have to convince Genevieve to go to China with me. Wu Pinyin Group is one of the companies that supplies Knight Industries.

It isn't a necessity for me to check the materials before it's sent here, but I like to show that I'm very much active and aware of the happenings of the business. So I try to meet with the suppliers at least twice a year just because.