Chapter 10

Sean

It's been a few weeks too long since I've seen Genevieve and it's been eating me up. My cast was removed the day before yesterday, Friday. I was so disappointed to find out that my cast being removed didn't mean I could return to work. The doctor did recommend physiotherapy to help my foot get better in a few weeks. Being home all these weeks hasn't helped me at all. I'm itching to go to work.

The little emails that I'm responding to here from home and the virtual meetings just aren't cutting it for me. I need to actually get into a suit and physically go to the office and have a stressful day filled with meetings.

I can't believe I'm truly missing work this much. But I'm guessing it's normal. My foot is in hot water, to help it look more normal. I didn't know that casts left the injured part of your body looking like a pale detached ligament that was stuck back on. I thought I did something wrong with my healing process and that's why my foot looked like that until the doctor reassured me that it was normal.

The physiotherapist will be coming to my house for my physio lessons. I obviously can't drive to her and I don't want anyone I have to drive me there either so I figured that her coming was the best option.

Doctor Ellis Langley owns her physiotherapy practice and is said to be among the best in the country. My doctor recommended her to me and I was glad to know that she had space for me when I'm such a last-minute patient.

I grab my phone to dial Genevieve's number again but I stop myself. I need to see her in person and see what all this disappearing is about.

•••

Two weeks of physio later and I can now go to the office for a bit then come back home early because I'm not supposed to be on my feet for a long period of time.

"Sarah," I say as I leave my office.

She looks up when she hears her name.

"I'm leaving now, I'll see you tomorrow." I smile and slowly make my way to the elevator.

"See you tomorrow Sean."  I nod once again at her after entering the elevator.

I exit at the underground parking level and make my way to my car.

Today I'll be taking Genevieve to lunch, not that she's aware of yet. I plan on popping up at her workplace and asking, or maybe just letting her know that we'll be having lunch together today. And then dragging her to lunch with me.

She's been on my mind like a time loop and I can only hope that the reason why she's been avoiding me is because I've been living rent-free on her mind as well.

I pull to a stop outside the J&H Law building. I park in a vacant spot before making my way in.

If it were up to me I would've gone straight up to her office. but because I don't know where her office is, I stop at reception to enquire.

"Good day sir, how may I help you today?" the receptionist smiles up at me from her desk.

"Hi. I have an impromptu meeting with Miss Johnson. Would you please direct me to her office?" I check my watch to make it seem like I'm in a hurry.

"Do you have an appointment, sir?"

"Like I said, the meeting was very planned very last minute. She told me to come in whenever I have time. So if you could please. . ." she ignores my hasty state and picks up the phone.