Chapter 7

Sean

Being hospitalized is driving me insane.

Ethan refused to have my work stuff sent here, saying that I don't get to work as a punishment for how stupid I was, letting myself get knocked. He thinks he's punishing me, but I know that he just wants me to heal faster.

For some odd reason, he thinks I intentionally let myself get knocked by Genevieve. Now although that does sound like something I would do, I didn't. I was just, as usual, taken by her and forgot to move out of the way when she was headed toward me. If we were to blame anyone here then it's definitely her.

The only work stuff I've been able to do is read my emails from my phone and I would reply during the rare times when these painkillers weren't making my eye rolls back in drowsiness.

Bambi and Bunny are at Ethan's place. At least I know that the girls will show them love and give them cuddles.

Mom comes in every day to fuss over me and literally spoon-feed me. I love that she cares for me, but I hate that she treats me like a baby. I'm a grown man, almost thirty-five. Being babied by her does something to my ego. And that something isn't good.

Somebody that I wouldn't mind being babied by though is Genevieve. Just the thought of her name puts a smile on my face.

I don't know what it is about that woman that behaves awkwardly around me that makes me wanna give her the world.

It physically pains me that I can't be around her at all times. I'd let her knock me a thousand times more if it meant she'd get closer to me.

I'm sure if she asked for anything and it was within my power, I'd get it for her. And if it wasn't within my power, I wouldn't mind going the illegal route for her.

Forget asking, if I could be granted one superpower right now then I'd ask for the ability to read minds so I could get into hers and provide her with her every want.

She's trying her best to fight me, I can tell. But I am many things and persistence is high up on that list of many things. I'll wear her down if that's what it takes for her to start liking me. She could even hate me before liking me, I don't care. Just as long as she feels something toward me.

Sometimes there are things that I just wanna blurt out and sometimes I do let myself blurt them out, but sometimes I hold myself back because it's like my honesty overwhelms her.

She's been coming here for about three days now and yesterday she cooked for me. And damn can she cook. But I want more. I wanna at least get discharged from here and be sent home to heal.

I want Genevieve to come to visit me at my home. I'd like for her to cook in my kitchen. I just want her all over my space.

I want her to come spend the day then when she'll be leaving, if it was up to me she wouldn't at all, she'd forget little things like the rings she took off when cooking or a jacket she removed when she felt too hot. It's the little things that count after all until, eventually, I'll have her scent on my sheets. I want her everywhere. I wanna look around my house and see little pieces of her everywhere.

The want is so strong that it's basically a need at this point.

Fuck. I sound like a stalker or some crazy obsessed neighbor that just wants to catch a whiff of her scent. That's what she does to me. She makes me sound and feel stalkerish.

I grab my phone from the little table on my left side and have a mental war on whether to call or text her. After a few minutes of my inner conflict later and I decided to call her. Hearing her voice will definitely help.