Chapter 9

Genevieve

I'm unable to concentrate on anything today. Every time I try to focus on a task, my mind takes me back to last night and how I actually and shamelessly rubbed one off on Sean's lap like a bloody dog in heat.

Goodness, just thinking about it makes me want to dig a hole and throw myself in it.

How did I end up like this? This is not me. Men usually get the hots for me and if they're lucky enough I even entertain them for a bit before growing bored.

So what is Sean turning me into? He had me rubbing myself wantonly on his lap and as far as I'm aware we're nothing to each other. At least that's how it's supposed to be and how I see it.

I don't know how I'll face him the next time I see him—actually, no.

Me constantly seeing him is what put me in this situation with him in the first place. My mind and body are just probably deprived of male touch or something. I'll check my contacts and probably take one of the guys asking me out on their offer.

I'm still shocked by how my body reacted like that to his because of a kiss. A simple and mere kiss?!

I don't think I'll ever let myself live this down. This also adds to the list of why I can't have any sort of attachment to this man because he's clearly a too of the class playboy if he could get such a reaction out of me by kissing me.

But he's repeatedly talking about getting into a relationship with me— that doesn't mean anything. He's not to be trusted.

I pull out my phone from my desk drawer and scroll through to start checking for who the lucky guy to take me out tonight will be.

I'm not interested in doing anything physical with them, and if I can escape it, I won't even kiss them. I just need to go out with another man to remind get my brain back on track because it's clearly gone off track to have me humping a man at my grown age.

"Oooh!" I groan loudly in embarrassment as I put my phone on the desk and cover my eyes with my palms. "I really did that." "Wow." I stare into space. Too shocked to do much else.

The most disturbing and annoying part of it all is how my body and mind don't see anything wrong with this. I can feel a light wave of arousal zap through my body every time I recollect what happened last night.

Maybe I shouldn't go on a date. Maybe I'm just horny and I need to get the itch scratched.

That's a good idea.

I pick my phone up again and scroll through contacts for names and check my chats with them to try remember exactly who they are.

James. I check our chats and see that he was looking for a rebound. He didn't say that to my face but what else is a man that's two weeks—but maybe a month now because it's been a while since we spoke—out of a relationship looking for? Definitely not another love of his life that's for sure.

With that in mind, I scratch James out. His situation sounds too messy, if he and I are gonna link then I don't want his ex to be fresh on his mind.

Liam. I scroll through our chats and see that he's the typical jerk that thinks frequently calling a girl babygirl will dig them a soft a lot for us in our hearts. I mean I probably wouldn't mind it as a nickname but not the way he says it. He's just a cocky idiot who thinks a perm and that smile of his will get him far in life. Maybe it has gotten him far in life but with me, it won't get him anywhere.

I don't remember exactly how I met these for them to have my number, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm now concerned about the people that have my personal number.