Chapter 28

G E N E V I E V E

“Morning.” I greet Sarah with a soft smile.

“Hello Genevieve, good morning. How are you today?” She looks up from her desk and chirpily responds.

I've been working here for give or take a month now and as much as she's always very almost disturbingly bubbly, today it seems to have gone up a notch.

“I'm alright thanks and yourself?” I enquire out of courtesy.

“I'm great.” She smiles and I nod before making my way to my office.

Working at Knight Industries has been a dream. I was a little hesitant about Sean's intentions when I started but it's a couple of weeks in and he's been nothing but formal and it's been . . . great.

Well, at least it's supposed to be great. I don't know why inside I feel something identical to disappointment. Surely something is wrong with me and needs to be checked out.

Besides my emotional instability, Knight Industries has been amazing. I feel more free per se. This is funny because I doubt that many people who worked on the same level as their boss would say that.

But I can.

Not just because my boss is Sean. But also because mainly my boss is not my narcissistic father.

Oh, the relief that comes with working in a healthy environment. I thought I loved my job before. But that was either not love, or I've just unlocked a new dimension to love by being here.

Every day feels like a breath of fresh air. On the inside, I feel the way Sarah always is on the exterior.

I check the time to see how long I have until it's time for me to get ready for an external meeting that I have to attend with Sean today.

Knowing that we had an external meeting today with some high-tech company that Sean plans on partnering up with. I made sure to dress up and to dress beautifully.

The suit two piece I'm in today is ol0ive and the jacket is just the right amount of baggy. I have on a black wig today but I have it sleeked back and in a very neat ponytail.

My makeup is minimal but doing an amazing job at making me look scrumptious, and I have on some gold accessories that just go so well with my olive suit and compliment my golden tone in the best way possible.

My bag is already packed with my laptop and other necessary paperwork and knickknacks.

We are to leave in about fifteen minutes so I scroll through my phone to waste time.

It's when I hear laughing that I check my time and see that there are five minutes left to spare so I grab my bag and make my way out so I can wait for Sean.

“. . . you should at least think about it.” I hear Sarah's voice say.

“Hmm.” I come into view just in time to see Sean curtly nod as he is about to walk in my direction but then stop when he sees me.

I swear his eyes took me in from head to toe so fast that it wasn't noticeable.

“Good morning. I was just about to come get you so we can head out.” Sean tells me. “You ready?”

“Yeah.” I nod. I look all serious but I think my steps maybe faltered when I saw Sean because wow.

Sean in a black suit is a sight to behold. His hair is still in its wild curls but the curls look tamed. Almost as if he used a product on them.