Chapter 13

Genevieve

Me: You got a box of protection at home?

Sean: This isn't about bulletproof vests, is   it?

Me: Either you tell me your size so I can buy some after work or you get them.

Sean: I'll get them I guess?

Me:  Good. You got a family meeting tonight as well???

Sean: No ma'am. We keep those for  weekdays only.

Me:  Great. I'll be over after work.

Sean: I'll be waiting for you my queen   Genevieve.

°°°

Knowing that my door is closed, I let out a small laugh before putting my phone away. I ignore Sean's last message because I don't wanna keep going back and forth with him.

I want to finish up with as much work as I can today before I leave for his house later on.

He drove us to get takeaway breakfast this morning after I'd gone to his house with his car, before stopping at a flower to get me a bouquet of bright purple peonies. The lady at the store brought gave it to me in a vase. He then dropped me off at work before taking off.

My mind and body have been restless ever since he dropped me off this morning. It's been taking a lot of effort for me to not think about what we're going to do once I get to his place.

I take a deep breath and try to focus on the contracts that I'm currently working on.

At lunchtime, I get a delivery. It was a dish of the chicken parmigiana that Sean wanted me to get yesterday. The assistant that directed the delivery guy gave me funny looks.

In fact, everyone has been looking at me funny from the moment I stepped into this place. I know that rumors spread like wildfire around here so I won't bother stressing myself and worrying about whether yesterday's incident or me being dropped off by Sean is what's fueling these weird looks.

Not that I care about what any of them have to say. I come here to work and make money, and as long as I'm doing that unhindered, they can remove all the meat from my bones while gossiping about me. I don't care.

They don't sign my paycheck at the end of every month. Their behavior is what pushes me to try to accomplish my projects on my own. I have no friends from work and I don't plan on changing that.

The chicken parmigiana is so good that it has me wondering if Castello actually does deliveries or if this was a favor Sean called in.

I'll be very disappointed if they don't deliver. After finishing up my lunch, I continue with my reading and compiling of contracts.

Before I know it, I'd finished up my last contract. I save it and everything else I've done today before shutting down my computer.

I make sure everything is off before grabbing my stuff and locking up for the weekend.

The office is quiet at this time since many left earlier on. I take the elevator down to the parking. Sean had sent me the code to enter the community he lives in earlier this morning when I had to go drop his car off.