Chapter 16

Genevieve

"You don't understand." I groan and whine in unison.

"Make me understand then." Amora stares at me through my bedroom television screen after placing her juice box on the nightstand and folding her arms.

She seems to also have the call connected to her tv because of how I can see her entire bed littered with snacks.

"I can't." I groan again and bring my comforter up to my face.

"And why can't you?" Although her face is hidden from me, I can imagine her eyebrow is arched up.

"Because even I don't know." the sound I let out sounds like what a horse and pig's baby would make.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she lets out an exasperated breath.

With no words in mind at the moment, I just shrug in response and reveal my face to her.

"Are the both of you guys exclusive to each other?" she sits up more seriously now.

"No? I don't know?" what is wrong with me? 

"Have the both of you sat down and spoken about exclusivity?" she holds her hands up waiting for me to reply.

"No." my head shakes to emphasize my answer.

Her upper half drops back onto the bed before she sits up and grabs her juice box and aggressively pulls from her straw hitherto depositing the bottle back on the nightstand.

"I get it. You're jealous that he might not be exclusive to you. Isn't it? That's it. Right?" she nods her head in question. Almost as if she's trying to get me to agree with her.

Is that it? Am I jealous?

Shit. Is this what jealousy feels like? No wonder why I'm such a mess.

"I think I am jealous. But I don't understand why. I don't want exclusivity from him. Do I? This is not a relationship. We're just fucking. I don't want to get attached. This is casual." Our eyes meet on the screen. "Right?"

"Sounds to me like you've got a little problem on your hands. It's probably a big crush judging by the fact that you had stayed up the entire night waiting for his response after he sent you that picture. But that's just my observation." she shrugs and fists some popcorn before trying to shove it all in her mouth.

"I am quite pitiful aren't I? I'm probably just getting things mixed up. My mind is probably just confused. I shouldn't sleep over at his place again, right? Even though it was a mistake the last time. I was just resting for a few minutes and I blacked out. I won't let him tire me out like that. Maybe I shouldn't go over after work. Or should I have him come over? What if I—"

"Relax. You have no idea how much I could use a dicking like that right now," she shakes her head and throws some peanuts and raisins into her mouth. "Stop pressurizing yourself, it'll just make things worse for you. Just go with the flow. And maybe have a talk with him about boundaries and so forth."

"You're right. I'll be seeing him tomorrow anyway. He said he was going to make plans for us. No more sleepovers. I need to stop this foolishness." I nod and sit up.

"What plans is he making for yall tomorrow?" she drinks from her juice box.

"Not sure. He didn't tell me. He just said that he'd be making plans. Are all those things you're eating healthy for you?" I frown.

"So you're in for a surprise?" she cheerfully asks. "And of course, these snacks are healthy for me. Popcorn is good for your memory, I think. I don't know what these nuts do but I know that raisins have to be good for you. This is orange juice, do I even need to explain to you just how many healthy and good for you vitamins we get from orange juice?" she raises her eyebrows. Looking very serious about defending all the snacks she just pointed to.