Departure

"Tails ! Have you seen Sonic? It's been a few hours sinc-

Amy stared at lifeless Sonic on the floor of Tails's room. She screamed.

Everyone who was at the base came running. There were Shadow, Sticks, and Big , besides Amy.

"Hehe. Serves him right." Mocked Shadow crouching down at his body.

Shadow saw the big hole on Sonic's head.

"Wait! This is serious!! I'll go give that egghead a lesson." Shadow slid away with rage.

Sticks and Amy bandaged his head and over his left eye. It bloodshot and rolled to the back of his head while the right eye was fine and looking straight.

"When did that happen?"asked Sticks .

"I don't know! Last time I saw him was a few hours ago. I'm afraid it was then!" Amy dreaded.

After a few more hours. Sonic woke up.

"What ?! Where am I?" Sonic asked dizzy.

"SONIC ! I WAS WORRIED SICK !" Yelled Amy.

"As usual..." Sonic rolled his eye. 

"What happened?" Asked Big.

"... I don't remember. Last thing I can recall is checking on tails...and ... Wait where is he?" Sonic asked.

"I don't know..." Replied Amy.

"What ?!" Sonic got up and sprinted towards Tails's room. He fell face first losing his balance.

"Hehe. Loser." Taunted Shadow.

"Wait who else is here ?" Asked Sonic getting up.

"Almost everyone. Knuckles is on his way." Said Cream.

"That seems pretty pretty bad. Do you remember any eggman robots coming in?"asked Rouge checking his head.

"No. They would have made a hole in the wall, not my head." Replied Sonic.

"What's going on?!" Knuckles crashed into the floor of the base.

"This is so embarrassing!" Sonic whispered slamming his forehead.

"Where's Tails?" Asked knuckles.

"Yeah where is he !?" Sonic yelled trying to change the subject.

"I found this on his desk." Said vanilla handing him a note.

"I had to leave early, I hacked the computer, now you could check what he's up to. I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye!"

"He left? That doesn't make sence. I was with him a second before that happened!! He surely knows. He must have been kidnapped or something." Sonic exclaimed.

"We'll go search. I'll go with cream and vanilla, knuckles and rouge scan the islands from above. Split up and let's find him." Suggested Amy.

Everyone nodded and headed out.

"I'll stay to watch over this little weakling!" Mocked Shadow.

"I'd rather loose my second eye." Sonic snapped.

"Shadow, you coming?" Asked Rouge.

He turned around without another word.

"Simp." Sonic whispered to himself.

"Do you want to lose your second eye!!" Yelled Shadow.

"Shadow!" Big called.

"I'm going with Big." He anounnced.