Fake death

"Tails?" He whimpered with complete horror looking at the yellow lump on the floor.

He crouched down flipping him around to reveal a dead Tails.

"Tails! No no no no no no . This can't be right. Please , say something, talk to me ! Anything, breath ! Do SOMETHING!!" Sonic yelled in denial, tears forming in his eye.

He dropped down on his knees with grief. He started breathing quickly, trying not to scream.

He took the solid hologram into his lap, squeezing it with pain. He grit his teeth as tears ran down his face like a waterfall.

"I was too late, I should have been there, I should have been there I should have been ... faster." He thought.

He couldn't keep it in. He screamed a shrill heart breaking scream at the top of his lungs.

Shadow heard that from very far, he sprinted towards them.

The screaming soon became roars of anger, then hysterical weeping.

Shadow arrived at the scene. He witnessed Sonic crying hysterically with Tails dead , curled up in his lap.

Shadow froze completely. Sonic's screaming triggered traumatic memories.

"WHY !! WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN !? I COULD HAVE SAVED HIM. I HEARD THE SHOT! I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH! I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!" Sonic growled with lament.

Tails was witnessing all this commotion. He was crying as quietly as possible.

"It's as if I never did a thing!" He weeped silently.

"Sonic!" Shadow was finally able to mutter after a traumatic flashback.

Sonic turned around. Shadow was in tears as well. He sprinted towards Sonic gritting his teeth with sorrow.

He gave sonic a hug. A hug they both needed. Sonic cried on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry we didn't save him." Shadow whispered after Sonic's crying became quieter.

"I'm sorry I never took your feelings into account before. I never knew it felt that... Hopeless." Sonic sniffed.

"This is so messed up yet wholesome. I hate myself!" Tails was tempted to get out.

They took the body and dug it somewhere near the village.

Shadow and Sonic returned to eggman's base. Sonic's head was low to the ground, his footsteps were heavy and he only breathed after holding his breath for too long to stop himself from crying.

Shadow was holding sonic up from falling.

"What happened?! Are you okay?" Asked Amy worried.

Sonic couldn't hold himself up anymore, he staggered his way in before collapsing on his knees.

"I ... Couldn't save him!" Weeped Sonic.

"What's he talking about?!" Asked Knuckles aggressively.

"We found Tails dead near the hollowed out part of the woods." Explained Shadow with a very heavy feeling.

"I HAD TO DIG HIS GRAVE BY MY OWN HANDS!!!!!" Sonic yelled before bursting into tears again.

Knuckles and Amy hurried up to him. They picked him up the floor and tried to comfort him but he couldn't hear anything anymore.

All he could hear was the dreadful though "I wasn't fast enough."

It kept echoing louder and louder in his head as he felt the world around him start to spin.