Race of the Chaos emeralds

"Guys. I know we are in a hurry but please don't run off like that. I am not as fast as you!!" Amy panted behind them.

"Alright Amy." Sonic rolled his eye.

"Shadow, can you detect where the first chaos emerald is ?" Asked Sonic.

"Guess my new ... Glasses ? Goggles? Whatever. They can detect them. The first one is in that direction." Shadow pointed at a far hill.

"001 is nowhere near." Sonic confirmed.

"I wanna be useful." Sighed Amy.

...

"What should I do now? Sonic will kill me !!! I should get the chaos emeralds and hide them." Yelled tails frantic.

"I am not sure if that's a good idea. You know you can still go super, right? The power might get tempting!" Sage suggested.

"I don't have any other choice."

"You are right. This is the only simulation that has at least a slight chance to success!!"

"Let's see.... I can detect the chaos emeralds!" Tails gasped." Sonic is already on his way !"

"My powers are no match for yours. Dr. Eggman really put the effort into you."

"His biggest mistake." Tails sighed.

...

The sun was setting and everyone was pretty tired.

"Sonic!! Where have you been!! You know you'll hurt your self if you run that fast!!" Shadow exclaimed at Sonic who stumbled upon his knees.

"I got camping gear." He huffed.

"From the base?" Asked Amy.

"Yeah... And food." He got up.

They set up camp and started eating.

They were all eating silently.

Amy looked at her wrist. The power enhancer that eggman gave her was giving a faint glow.

"I wonder if this thing has a cool ability too?" Amy flipped her arm trying to find any buttons.

Sonic looked at his side feeling empty. He wished that things were as they used to.

He could imagine all his friends around the cackling campfire, singing and playing and having fun.

"I miss you Tails." He sighed.

Shadow and Amy noticed Sonic's mood.

"Are you feeling ok?" Asked Amy sitting beside him.

"I just want thing the way that it was." He sobbed.

"I'm sorry Sonic. Things can't go back. But we'll be with you through it all." Shadow sat on the other side.

"Just promise me you won't die on me if we fight that freak." Sonic looked at them with a serious look.

"We'll try our best." Amy sighed.

"Don't worry, we'll be together when it ends." Shadow placed his hand on Sonic's shoulder before heading to his tent.

"We should go to sleep too." Suggested Amy.

Sonic silently walked to his tent and layed there wide awake.

Amy walked into his tent.

"What is it Amy?" Sonic sat up.

"You seem kind of... Lonely. Do you want me to stay or give you some space?" She asked worried.