The speedrun

They got to the shore of green hills. The place was filled with a radiant blue glow.

"Guess we have to start digging." Sighed Amy.

Sticks immediately started digging with her hands.

"The sensors are jammed! I can't tell where it exactly is!" Shadow complained.

"I'll look around more, maybe it's somewhere else." Shadow suggested, leaving the rest of them digging for the emerald.

His vision became less and less clear, he felt he was getting closer.

"He spotted us!" Sage yelled , holding the dark blue emerald.

Shadow immediately sprinted towards her, she used her telekinesis to cause a giant sand wave.

He teleported behind her, bashing his foot into her head causing her to drop the emerald.

Shadow grabbed the emerald and booked it out ot there.

Shadow teleported back to his friends.

"Guys!" He yelled covered in sand.

"You found it!" Sonic cheered.

"I found sage holding it, 001 must be near." He claimed.

A horrible chill went up Sonic's spine to his quills.

"Aww, we're leaving! I was building a sand castle!!" Sticks moaned.

Tails couldn't detect the emerald anymore. He went to check on Sage to find her head bashed to the floor, her oil bleeding out.

"Sage!! What happened!!" He yelled, crouching down at her.

"S-S-SOnn-ic but black-k-k sto-sto-stole the emeralllllllllllld."  Sage glitched.

"No! Shadow, I'll not forgive you." Tails's revenge mode went back on.

He took her to the cave, then fixed a few essential parts.

"I'm slowing you down! Im sor-sor-sorry." Sage sulked as she was being repaired.

"You're more important. You're my sister." Tails said.

Sage smiled softly, he finally admitted their bond.

"I'll leave the fox electric to repair the rest of your exterior. Do not get out of here until it's done." Ordered tails.

"But, what if you needed my help?" Asked Sage worried.

"I'll be okay. Don't worry about me." He smiled, then boosted out of the cave.

"My cypernetics almost stopped working when I got near the emerald." Shadow complained.

"Turn the scanner off. The power from the emeralds might be messing with them." Advised Sonic.

"Amy? Since when do these two get along?" Asked sticks.

"Not long, but I am happy they finally do." Amy smiled.

"You didn't find any sign of 001 back there?" Sonic asked.

"No, but I heard Sage talking so he must've been there." Shadow explained.

"Hmm... If 001 is so mysterious, I can't really make a good plan! We need to get to know more about him." Amy called from behind.

"How about we ask the egghead? He might know something." Sonic suggested.

He tapped the side of his goggles to find a hologram of Robotnic.

"Hello Sonic! Did you get her back?!" Robotnic asked enthusiastic.